Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

E36 325i Exhaust options

Hey all, am looking for a cost effective exhaust (rear muffler or full manifold-back) solution for my 325. Is currently sporting the OEM system but the drone it creates between 1750 - 2500 rpm is really getting on my t*ts. Have spotted a 2nd hand Remus on trademe, is this going to give better flow that the stock setup while cutting down on the noise or is it just gonna be another bumblebee?

Any suggestions (including modifying the standard) are welcome

Cheers :D

the sixes have a wonderful drone!

drone will be louder on the remus.

Lol, it's not that I don't like the tone, just wouldn't mind turning down the volume a little :D Hmmm, thanks for the headsup

The remus will be louder than an OEM system. Although it won't have a sh*t big bore sound unlike some of the trade me mufflers.

It should sound very tasteful.

Regards to fitment, Isn't it a 320 system? I don't know 100% whether if would fit, my assumption would be that it would.

But they sound so gooood... I chopped my cats out and poked a Coby resonator in there. However, this made her a bit louder so you'll want to avoid doing this

Not sure if theres actually much you can do to shut her up, short of trading it for a 318i :P

But they sound so gooood... I chopped my cats out and poked a Coby resonator in there. However, this made her a bit louder so you'll want to avoid doing this

Not sure if theres actually much you can do to shut her up, short of trading it for a 318i :P

Thanks guys. Can't tell from the pics if its a single or twin entry setup, would it be worth modifying it to suit the B25 or will the diameter of the pipes be on the restrictive side? Am toying with the idea of a stainless 2 1/4" straight system with headers if the budget allows, substituting the cats for a primary dampener leading to a wide bore secondary silencer. The volume annoys the missus more than it does me, as she drives it more than I do I'm trying to achieve the compromise between noise and performance (I know I'm pushing sh*t uphill here). Given the chance I'd love to strap a supercharger on the side (perfect tradeoff - heaps more power and oh so subtle!) but as she has Veto priviledges whaddya do?! ;)

I'm trying to achieve the compromise between noise and performance

This may very well get me banned from this forum but what the heck... :P

Buy a CM5A like me. Completely standard, they look pretty in an understated slightly sporty way, theyre silent when you're thrashing it, and no E36 will ever survive a race against it. Unless its an M3. In the dry.