Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Quad Bikes

I've got a 2003 Suzuki Vinson LTA-500 which I've had for a while now but am interested in getting a KingQuad LTA-700 Fuel Injected, they rekon they are super quick. There's one in Timaru which I'm going up to look at next Saturday. Bike is only used for fishing up at the Waitaki river & I've had water up to the bottom of the seat river depth wise. Heres a pic of my current Vinson below.

post-2864-1238914678_thumb.jpg

post-2864-1238914709_thumb.jpg

post-2864-1238914728_thumb.jpg

post-2864-1238914747_thumb.jpg

I've had probably a couple thousand hours on quadbikes, (farm child till 18)

I attribute everything I know about car handling to riding quads since 4 years old.

A 700 injected must fricken move!!!!

I love quad bikes!

Old mate had 4 brand new suzuki automatic ones last year which we put in 2wd and drifted the length of his huge paddock , was heaps of fun, went bloody quick!

Now that i look back it was quite dangerous but i'm still alive today :)

(Would do it again though :P )

Mobile chicanes...

Ha a legacy wagan got a hole in the front bumper :ph34r:

The Vinson drifts like nothing else, has a solid rear axle & not independant so its more stable, just not so good riding, helps with new tyres though. In RWD at 60-70kph I can drift it all the way around corner (gravel ofcourse) and not have my balls up around my ears, the single banger 500 has more than enough grunt for it.

The 700 is the ultimate for me, it should satisfy my needs for power, I just can't get enough of the stuff!

EDIT: Will post pics of the 700 when I get it back from Timaru!

Edited by X5V8

Guest Ari Gold

Quad bike was my main transport when I worked on farms. Bloody good fun! Not so fun when you hit a rock at 70K, smash a wheel and endo it 7 or 8 times while you fly through a cow sh*t encrusted paddock and land in a heap!

We've got one for the beach house, why? I'm not too sure, but it's great fun for tooling round in.

I've actually still got a old 3 wheeler, only 350cc but solid rear axle, awesome on gravel, scarey as hell on tarmac!

:( - the origonal widow maker!

Guest Ari Gold

Great fun getting them to 45 degrees on two wheels though :D

Edited by Ari Gold

We use a new 700 Kingquad as our main vehicle at work, quite grunty but you get used to it pretty quick. Has IRS so the bums a bit wobbly on hills, but handles pretty good on the flat. Clever 4wd too, will go places our 6wd Polaris cant

As a fun vehicle tho, why not go for whatever the new version of the 660 Raptor is now? Surely theyd handle better than a smelly old Kingquad!!

We use a new 700 Kingquad as our main vehicle at work, quite grunty but you get used to it pretty quick. Has IRS so the bums a bit wobbly on hills, but handles pretty good on the flat. Clever 4wd too, will go places our 6wd Polaris cant

As a fun vehicle tho, why not go for whatever the new version of the 660 Raptor is now? Surely theyd handle better than a smelly old Kingquad!!

I would go raptor or the likes, but I bought the bike I have now for fishing & hunting. Be useless for a Waltex Box & rod/gun rack on the front LOL.

I need power & luxury :)