Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

bigger brakes

hi there all, the bm is due for new brakes and pads i was goin to stay with OEM and thort i would see how much of a mish it is to upgrade. I would like to fill the 19s out more with bigger discs and get better braking so have been researching 330i front brakes , they will bolt straight up but will stuff the brake bias up , which is the best way to sort this out i read up on http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531881 about it and came up with Quote-. E36 with E46 330i front and E46 325i/328i rear: 68% / 32% This is an ideal street set-up. But again, only 17s fit. question is would i have to upgrade rear ? or could i get a pro to sort the brake bias? , although the rear brakes are due also so possible to change them . i know the 330i rear wont work that is fine . or is it really not worth the bother , can someone please shed some light .

chers P

I truley wouldn't bother on a standard 320. Get some brembo slotted rotors and use OEM pads. They'll be fine and you'll still have very good brakes without spending a sh*t load on a non performance BMW. You could also go some certed braided brake lines and definately change your brake fluid. Your call at the end of the day though.

Edited by *Glenn*

Have look here and here.

Second one has a direct link to the first site for 330 brake upgrade.

First is a really good sight for E36s' with lots of info on brake upgrades and other sh*t.

A hell of a lot better than the crap on Bfc.

You have to register tho.

E: the first site doesn't seem to be working at the moment, ya might have to wait.

Edited by westy

im going to do more research but might have settle for upgraded discs and lines and pads ,

every one must agree nice rims with nice brakes behind look mint!

will post pics when im done which ever way i go

Hey Pier goto cgraff's third post in this thread. That should help you get on your way, im currently looking at stage 3 described at the end of his post.

Luke

I truley wouldn't bother on a standard 320. Get some brembo slotted rotors and use OEM pads. They'll be fine and you'll still have very good brakes without spending a sh*t load on a non performance BMW. You could also go some certed braided brake lines and definately change your brake fluid. Your call at the end of the day though.

Exactly my thoughts.

Your standard brakes would be more than adequate for the output of your engine.

You should only be looking to upgrade if your changing to a larger motor, adding a turbocharger or supercharger.

I recently upgrade my front pads to EBC GreenStuff and new fluid. It stops is noticibly quicker and in shorter distance. Just under $300 include disc machining, labour and GST. As a bonus, the "low dust" really mean low dust, it only got about half as much dust compare to original pads.