Sign in to follow this  
jordyboy2

My car was raped in teh face

Driving southbound the northern motorway this morning (9.50am) , the man in the white van ahead of me breaked suddenly, I slammed the breaks on but my car just didnt stop in time. lucky there wasn't anyone behind me.

I hit his tow bar, and didnt even damage it.

Thank god for insurance.

Time to visit my friends the panelbeaters tomorrow

pics of the damage

post-3372-1239066299_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1239066319_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1239066358_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1239066393_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1239066431_thumb.jpg post-3372-1239066555_thumb.jpg

Then me for brakes Jordan... sorry to see the car bruised though

Typical Aucklander :P

Sucks when you get panel damage! Check all your mounts too a shunt can break them as I found out.

Yup definatly Glenn, I think I'll get some brembo rotors too

You don't really need better brakes, you just have to stop tailgating :P

Typical Aucklander :P

Sucks when you get panel damage! Check all your mounts too a shunt can break them as I found out.

Hey Im no Aucklander :ph34r:

Im from the north (warkworth/matakana/omaha)

Was on my way down to camebridge to get my little sister from boarding school thats why I was on the m/way

Car still made it fine though

Jordan, just make sure your panelbeater uses new parts.

I did the same as you last year, drove up the rear of another car which stopped in front of me, and the panelbeater used a second hand nose-cut to repair it and I have just had to replace the radiator etc. The radiator he installed wasn't even the correct one for my car and it has only lasted 8 months.

Glenn put a new radiator in today however prior to that he has had to replace the radiator shroud, fan and viscous coupling because of the shoddy parts that were used. On the good side though, the insurance company are going to come to the party and refund me most of the expenses I have had to incur.

Jordan, just make sure your panelbeater uses new parts.

I did the same as you last year, drove up the rear of another car which stopped in front of me, and the panelbeater used a second hand nose-cut to repair it and I have just had to replace the radiator etc. The radiator he installed wasn't even the correct one for my car and it has only lasted 8 months.

Glenn put a new radiator in today however prior to that he has had to replace the radiator shroud, fan and viscous coupling because of the shoddy parts that were used. On the good side though, the insurance company are going to come to the party and refund me most of the expenses I have had to incur.

Yup new parts for sure

Thats good of the insurance company though

That area is pretty much a suburb of Auckland anyway!

Only on the weekends when auckland comes up lol

Kinda off topic but what do you do for a job in Omaha? Everyone wants to live in Matakana but where do you find work?

Currently I manage C the local take-aways, Parents own Red-Letter Day in the Matakana Village and That keeps them busy

Used to work at the Matakana Village Brasserie, then it changed owners and is called Tapiano now

Theres quite a few business' around but not many looking for work lol

IMO Matakana aint that great unless, A. your retired or B. spend short amounts of time here

(This opinion is probably cause Im young and get quite bored here lol)

dont forget their matakana pies are mint, and for new years highlife

Yup the matakana patisserie food is great, My boss DJ'd at that event he's DJ DanSing

I love the place but in saying that I love my horse and swimming so I would never get bored there :)

Yeap the guy has done some decent work for me before (on the same bumper lol).

Contemplating selling it soon and getting a e30 (weekend fun) and e34 (daily) but who knows.

Panel beater quote around $4400

Thank god for insurance

:o Is that not excessive?

What was the extent of the damage? A bit more than cosmetic I take it?

Update,

Got the car back today, God how I've missed it lol

The panelbeater couldnt source CF kidneys so he painted them white which Im pretty happy with

And the new bumper also means I've got a Euro liscence plate holder, and the Japanese piece of c**p is gone

Here's some pictures

post-3372-1241489095_thumb.jpg

post-3372-1241489126_thumb.jpg

post-3372-1241489071_thumb.jpg

Guest Simon*

Looks good Jordy

You must be pleased to have it back :) Is it a manual?

Guest Ari Gold

Yup the matakana patisserie food is great, My boss DJ'd at that event he's DJ DanSing

Your boss is Dan Sing? Haha small world! Have had a few boozy nights at crow and Deschlers with him.