Sign in to follow this  
sdavies51

E30 suspension advice

So heres my issue. the previous owner of my 88 325i fitted the car with apex springs which dropped the car considerably. this means i hit the bump stops everytime i go over a speed bump at any more than walking pace, and i managed to put a hole in my sump just from driving over a mates driveway. As you can imagine i am growing somewhat tired of this and using it as an excuse to treat myself to brand new suspension, im pretty much sold on bilstein sport shocks but am wondering what spring I should go with, i definitely appreciate a firm low ride, I just dont want to destroy the car everytime I drive down the road. im keen to know what has worked for others so any advice or experience would be great.

To add to this, it has dawned on me that the springs could be inteded for a 318 as the car is sitting much lower at the front than at the back. any thoughts on this?

whichever new springs you get 35mm drop lowers the car nicely and you still wont have problems with hitting stuff or with WOF.

H&R seem to be the current popular choice but the Eibach's in my E30 are fantastic, nice firm ride but still very cumfy.

The Koni shocks could be an advantage if you are going to see some Track time(adjustability), otherwise the bilsteins are really really good.

Hey only really tried eibachs and i reckon there a really good ride aye

H&R had some cheap springs on Bimmersport not too long ago. They're definitely what I'd go for.