Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

fuel light test

Guest Andrew

I'd like to test my low fuel light - never seen it come on - but the gauge has been right empty. Any electrical test I can do? (unplug the sender etc etc) What signal does it look for.

Its a 84 323 VDO instrument cluster if that helps.

Cheers

graeme did you ever see it work?

I have the same problem, don't know if the light works or not and i've had the needle down past the red...I just don't want to run it out to check in case the light doesn't work and I mess up the fuel system... <_<

pussies

RUN IT DRY!

yea run that baby dry, common really what nasty ass things could possibly be at the bottom of your settled fuel...

thats what fuel filters are for right?....right?

:mosh:

pussies

RUN IT DRY!

yea run that baby dry, common really what nasty ass things could possibly be at the bottom of your settled fuel...

thats what fuel filters are for right?....right?

:mosh:

Good point, prob is I don't have a fuel can...hahaha, twould be the second time in a month i'd be calling roadside rescue :lol:

Roadside rescue and or AA rescue are the bomb, I mean, for a twenny a year you get the assurance that if your pride and joy fails ya you ain't going to stranded and you don't have to pay a cent to get it taken somewhere...

I just saved me $80 towing costs just recently...So if you think about it, if you're a real cheap bastard you'll run yourself dry out in the middle of nowhere (but in cell coverage) and then you'll get these guys to top up your fuel tank so you can make it to a station...and you don't have to pay for the top up :pimp:

Guest Andrew

Andrew, why don't you just lift the sender out of the tank. That will send the gauge an empty signal to test it.

good idea - i'll give that a try.

damn i wish i had a fuel light : /

Hey i got told by some one that if i run the needle past the line on my car too many times i'd be f**king with the guage, is that true?

Cause i've seeing how dry i can run my car and at the moment it is 59.98liters.

Is that bad?

doesnt the fuel get picked up at the bottom of the tank anyway?