Sign in to follow this  
sprint_25

Need your advise

Hey guys,

I met with an accident yesterday, some one banged me from behind. luckily no one was hurt.

But my car is quite damaged from behind, I would need to give it for service now.

The guy who hit me admitted its his mistake and I am going to claim his third party.

Where do you reckon I should give the car for service? should I give to BMW itself for service.

Please help me out soon mates, I need to give it for service as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Sprint

When you say service do you mean be fixed?

A service won't fix the damage at the back.

Nick,

I meant fixing it, where do you think they will do a good job?

Do you guys think I should give to BMW itself? the new market one?

Anyways its going to be a insurance claim, I should be able to give it anywhere to fix?

I am sorry not the new market, the Takapuna Jerry Clayton BMW

Edited by Sprint

Team Mcmillan recommended EuroCollision to me. Can't fault them, except they made me feel guilty when I picked the car up and it was the cleanest the car has been since it left the factory. It was so shiny and sparkly, and now its not. Someone crash into me again please so I can send it back for a wash..

BMW are mechanics, not panel beaters, but they may be able to recommend one.

I personally have heard nothing but good things about Precision - go see them, I think you'll feel comfortable once you've seen their workshop.

Thanks guys, I am totally new to this. Sorry for those stupid questions, normally back in my place I give it to the dealers and those guys get it done from the panel beaters.

Just went to Precesionautowerks, they have got a claim number from my insurance, they going to contact my insurance for the approval and once approved they will get back to me.

The major surprise for me today is I wont have a courtsey car untill mine is done? why is this so?

I spoke to the person in autoprecesionwerk, he says the floor of the car is damaged and the boot is damaged.

I asked him, if the geometry of the car will be changed? he says that cannot be guaranteed?

I am totally freaked out guys, just got the car couple of days back.

Thanks for all your replies guys, just keeping it updated

I am still having the car, Autoprecesionweks have ordered the part, just by seeing it from outside, they said in case they need more parts they would do it after they open the car, waiting for their call still.

I am not sure what all parts are ordered, but I guess Autoprecesionerk does a good job.

Guys after the job is done, what all should I check to see if the car is back to normal? currently its kind of pulling towards one side.

If there is something wrong is the panel beater entitled towards making back to normal?

Btwn I am planning to put a computer in my car, just started reading about, if you guys have comments on it please let me know.

Pretty shocking if they haven't started fixing it yet, what the hell is wrong with it?

Although in saying that it took about 8weeks for my parts to come over from Germany when I got T-boned. Insurance apparently didn't know what a plane was.

You wont get a courtesy car unless your over 25years old with full insurance.

Pretty shocking if they haven't started fixing it yet, what the hell is wrong with it?

Although in saying that it took about 8weeks for my parts to come over from Germany when I got T-boned. Insurance apparently didn't know what a plane was.

Yeah mate, they have ordered parts just by seeing the car.

I am over 25 and have full cover still insurance companies are not ready to provide courtesy car.

I am not sure if this is how the panel beater works here, I asked them what if you find some other part which is not in the order, they say, they would order it again, kinda weird for me.

I got a courtesy car and im 18 on my restricted lol I have full insurance though

Thanks for all your replies guys, just keeping it updated

I am still having the car, Autoprecesionweks have ordered the part, just by seeing it from outside, they said in case they need more parts they would do it after they open the car, waiting for their call still.

I am not sure what all parts are ordered, but I guess Autoprecesionerk does a good job.

Guys after the job is done, what all should I check to see if the car is back to normal? currently its kind of pulling towards one side.

If there is something wrong is the panel beater entitled towards making back to normal?

Btwn I am planning to put a computer in my car, just started reading about, if you guys have comments on it please let me know.

I would pull it out of there and take it to Grant Hannah at Bay's Car Painters and Repairs. He is a BMW nut - and does a *lot* of BMW work. Grant doesn't play games - straight, efficient and does a wicked job.

I just wouldn't put up with what you have going on there...

I can't praise Euro Collision enough - they are the ONLY panel beater that I will trust with the CSL - in fact it's there right now getting a full stone chip tidy up.

They are definitely not the cheapest around (in fact many would claim they are overpriced - I beg to differ) - but when it's an insurance job, why would you care right?

Dave has been a panel beater since he was 16 and guys like Todd and Anthony are some of the best in the industry (and I know quite a bit about the industry and what is involved in a factory like repair - actually I've been labelled the fussiest customer by Dave :D ).

The thing with Euro Collision is they are one of the few outfits in New Zealand that are authorised to repair alloy chassis, plus Dave actively sends his staff to Australia for advance training and even competitions (for which they've won a few).

It is also one of the few outfits that uses Glasurit paint - the original paint system for BMW and the likes.

And unlike a lot of panel beaters out there that reuses clips and trims they will replace it with all new items - this ensures an absolute new and rattle free repair.

I can't comment about Precision as I've not had any personal dealings with them, but from what I have heard they are definitely one of the top repairers in Auckland - so you should be in good hands.

Another one that I would trust with my cars is Ray Hasler - they are the authorised Porsche and Audi Repairer and they do a good clean job - althought I would still rate Euro Collision above them.

The only gripe I have with Euro Collision is they get really busy, as they are now - so it does take forever to get your car back - but good things take time and the guys in there won't rush a job for just the sack of it.

Edited by M3_Power

I am kind of tired with Autoprecesionwerks.

I am struck half way now, I am not sure if I can pull out now as the parts are on the way.

All I hope is they get it fixed properly.

I need to give them a call on Monday to see whats going on?

Do you guys think I can pull out now and get it fixed else where?

It's been less than two weeks hasn't it? Be patient, panel beaters can get busy too. You're not necessarily priority number one, even if you feel you should be.

It's taken me about four weeks the two times I've had cars in to be fixed up for accident damage.

Edited by Mike.Gayner

I am kind of tired with Autoprecesionwerks.

I am struck half way now, I am not sure if I can pull out now as the parts are on the way.

All I hope is they get it fixed properly.

I need to give them a call on Monday to see whats going on?

Do you guys think I can pull out now and get it fixed else where?

Precison Autowerk are great, I'm not sure why you think it should be ready after less than two weeks in their shop?

I guess you've been inside their workshop and seen the level of cars they repair, mainly Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, Porsches and all other exotics. They won't give you back a bent car....

Precison Autowerk are great, I'm not sure why you think it should be ready after less than two weeks in their shop?

I guess you've been inside their workshop and seen the level of cars they repair, mainly Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, Porsches and all other exotics. They won't give you back a bent car....

I completely agree, their workshop was fantastic. I better wait then, I will give a call to them and see

I completely agree, their workshop was fantastic. I better wait then, I will give a call to them and see

Hey guys just wanted to update you guys

I am still waiting for the car :( hopefully will get it today.

What all things should I look at the generally after fixing it?

Hey guys just wanted to update you guys

I am still waiting for the car :( hopefully will get it today.

What all things should I look at the generally after fixing it?

I'd say this is pretty piss poor service. I have NEVER heard of a car taking this amount of time for what you describe - but maybe this is normal for PAW. As I said before, you would have been better off with Bay's Car Painter and Collision repairs - at least you would have a loan car. They do a hell of a lot of work for Jerry Claytons...

Anyway, you know for (hopefully not) next time...

When you get the car back - pull out all the "carpets" and linings to check the job. take it for a drive where you can feel the handling and make sure it corners the same left and right - high and low speed...

I'm sure others will give you more tips..