Sign in to follow this  
bemagirl

Classic 1973 520 e12

$400 to a good home.

Classic BMW

1973 520 e12 manual

Selling it as I have no time or the finances to do this car up to it's original glory. Has been my pride and joy since I bought it and would really like to sell it to someone who can do it up.

As it is at the mo, the rego needs to be updated and no warrant.

Shell has no structural rust. Have bogged and sanded small amount of rust on door panel and front left by lights.

It's two tone with orange on the body and gold at the bottom. Exhaust is all good and engine all fine. Chrome's in good condish too.

Car is in good condition for being over 30 years old.

Would be a shame to see it sold for parts, it should be racing =] Will try and sell it on here first to a good home. And then put it on trade me if it doesn't sell.

Can arrange viewings and more info on the car and more photos of any part of it, text to 027 500 7535 (fastest way to get in touch) or email, and.never.stop.dancing@hotmail.com or leave a post on here and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

post-2370-1239218692_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837116_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837126_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837135_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837144_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837153_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837162_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837168_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837177_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1239837186_thumb.jpg

Edited by bemagirl

Guest Simon*

Hi

Just quickly is it manual or automatic?

And I laughed at your email address "and.never.stop.dancing@....." :D

Hi

Just quickly is it manual or automatic?

And I laughed at your email address "and.never.stop.dancing@....." :D

Manual. Sorry I don't know that much about it, my boyfriend was going to use it to teach me all about BMWs haha. It's such a great little car =] and don't laugh

added that into the original post.

Edited by bemagirl

hey guys I've seen this car up close, it is pretty straight

2 litre 4 cylinder manual,twin carb, it is manual 4 speed and everything seems to be there, original rims and hub caps , badges etc

wouldn't take much to get on the road, or would make an awesome race car project!!

pretty rare find!

Edited by Jono51

hey guys I've seen this car up close, it is pretty straight

2 litre 4 cylinder manual,twin carb, it is manual 4 speed and everything seems to be there, original rims and hub caps , badges etc

wouldn't take much to get on the road, or would make an awesome race car project!!

pretty rare find!

cheers dude

yeah the engine needs a bit of a tune up. to get it on the road it needs the tyre patched up and the gear knob secured. and i have a spare gear box lying around in the garage for it. guy who sold it to me had it spare so i bought that too. interiors pretty good too. it's got a brand new battery in it, not that that's much of a selling point.

yes race car! put a lexus v8 in it =]

I wanted to race it eventually just haven't had the time or money to do it.

oh and i have some of the paperwork and stuff for it somewhere. from the owner before the one i bought it off.

Im keen to see some more photos, Ive sent you an email already :)

I quite fancy seeing left completely as it is, just a light resto type of thing.

yeah I'd be keen on buying it, as I like the E12

could be the next race project, but I've got too many cars as it is and limited storage!!

possibly would be a shame to pull apart and race, because of the rarity anyways!

whoeva buys this , don't part it out, not many of these left.

is the spare gearbox 5spd or 4 speed?? would you sell seperate?

do you have original ownership papers with engine numbers etc??

and good luck with the sale

Edited by Jono51

Im keen to see some more photos, Ive sent you an email already :)

I quite fancy seeing left completely as it is, just a light resto type of thing.

Well that's what I had planned for it, wanted to restore it to what it looked like new. Get rid of the orange paint job and paint it back to its original colour. Get the inside re done etc. Engines pretty much all good so not much work there. It could be quite a cool little sunday car =] unfortunately as a student money's pretty tight and that kind of restoration isn't too cheap if you do it properly.

will check my emails! And take some better photos over the long weekend.

yeah I'd be keen on buying it, as I like the E12

could be the next race project, but I've got too many cars as it is and limited storage!!

possibly would be a shame to pull apart and race, because of the rarity anyways!

whoeva buys this , don't part it out, not many of these left.

is the spare gearbox 5spd or 4 speed?? would you sell seperate?

do you have original ownership papers with engine numbers etc??

and good luck with the sale

Yes agree it would be a shame to see it used for parts. Would hate knowing that there was one less classic BMW on the road. Gearbox can be sold separately. And will have a rummage through the papers I have it's been a while since I read them.

Cheers mate

will check my emails! And take some better photos over the long weekend.

I might want the gearbox, pending inspection

make sure when you take photos, that beemagirl is lying across the bonnet in a bikini :rolleyes:

Edited by Jono51

Anyone? This car is awesome it just needs some loving!

Price is negotiable. Just get in touch. I can update the rego if necessary bt that will keep the price up at 800 or so just for the added expense for me.

what a beautiful E12.if I have a garage,I will buy it,keep it orignal.not for race car.

i want i want ....if only i had a big garage

DO want !!

But Must Resist 70's awesomeness ..........

I would fully buy that if i lived in welly and didn't live at my parents house who would say no to another car.

Good luck with sale, that thing must be a fairly rare find as mentioned

it is a rare find!

price is still negotiable i just happen to have 400 in parking fines as the council has told me that parkin it on my mothers lawn is apparently not our property :(

so 400 is seriously cheap for this car... just as a poor student i need to sell it asap!!!!

someone please help me out! :)

Would love this but will be a bit hard to get down to Timaru

one word

Bugger