Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

obc question.

Currently my 323i m-spec has the 11 button obc, well its not really an obc its a mid. Question, is it possible to swap in the 18 button obc or would there be to much work involved in doing such a thing. I would have thought (well was hoping) the modules would be the same except one has the feature of fuel mileage etc.

It requires modification of the wiring harness and some other things. Google "18 button OBC conversion", there's a few DIY's about the place.

As Mark said, new wiring harness and sensors are required to do this. Not an easy job.

Why can't they make things easy <_< , might leave it to another day. I have the car going into a guy to have all the doors done tomorrow to have those sagging sections around the inner door handles done. :D

Why can't they make things easy <_< , might leave it to another day. I have the car going into a guy to have all the doors done tomorrow to have those sagging sections around the inner door handles done. :D

Life isn't easy :P

Because we'd all buy 316's and upgrade them ourselves !

Because we'd all buy 316's and upgrade them ourselves !

Heheh , From now on I think I am just going to upgrade the car, I am getting to old to be upside down in the car trying to do this and that.

Heheh , From now on I think I am just going to upgrade the car, I am getting to old to be upside down in the car trying to do this and that.

Just a note, the dash comes out when doing the upgrade OBC :P

No hurting of the back though haha.

Just a note, the dash comes out when doing the upgrade OBC :P

No hurting of the back though haha.

Thats a definite reason for an upgrade of the car. Hmmmmmm but i lufffsss my car :wub:

Thats a definite reason for an upgrade of the car. Hmmmmmm but i lufffsss my car :wub:

Or just live with the 11 button OBC, cheaper option me thinks.

Or just live with the 11 button OBC, cheaper option me thinks.

Just been looking at this >>Clicky<< and to be honest it does not look to bad really as i all ready have the check control in place etc.

Or buy this maybe , http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-156551684.htm pfffft yeah right if i win lotto maybe

Edited by presso

Price has come down on the M5, was 199g a few months back, save ya pennys i guess haha.