Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

ATTN E30 lock guru

AHJGAJBJLH!GJ!HGJHGH!!!!! I give up. <_<

This evening was full of trying to fix electrics.

We've fixed all 4 windows and have 3 out of 4 door locks working.

However, we are still struggling with the drivers door lock.

We got it to a stage where we had it locking but it wouldn't unlock from the drivers door, so we pulled it all out, reseated the spring and put it back together. Then the spring popped out, and now we can't even get it to lock.

Suspected problems:

- WTF spring, keeps popping out and f**king things.

- Central locking motor is on crack.

- I am on crack.

Somebody help.

Found an image on the net.

This is how we've been setting the locking spring, but we can't figure why it keeps popping out.

(reverse for the right hand side, but you get the idea)

Posted Image

If anyones keen I can probably throw you a cashie or box of beer if you make my problem go away.

Surely someone must have been through this before!

Mayday!

The pain, Arghhh I feel it too, except all the locks and windows and sunroof all work and springs dont fly out and try to stab me in the eyeballs.

Go have a beer or 2 or 7 and then have a go at it in the morning. I hate those things that you spend hours and hours and HOURS and more hours swearing and hitting things with hammers and then you give up and lie in bed all night thinking. and then you walk up to it the next day and its done in 5 mins.

I'll help you drink some beers while you do it.. I have malfunctioning limbs so I will be of no help other than consuming alcohol and laughing at you laughing at me because I am broken.

Right my weekend has officially started

The pain, Arghhh I feel it too, except all the locks and windows and sunroof all work and springs dont fly out and try to stab me in the eyeballs.

Go have a beer or 2 or 7 and then have a go at it in the morning. I hate those things that you spend hours and hours and HOURS and more hours swearing and hitting things with hammers and then you give up and lie in bed all night thinking. and then you walk up to it the next day and its done in 5 mins.

I'll help you drink some beers while you do it.. I have malfunctioning limbs so I will be of no help other than consuming alcohol and laughing at you laughing at me because I am broken.

Right my weekend has officially started

Honestly bro...We had all 4 windows and other 3 locks sorted in about an hour TOTAL.

We then spent about 2.5 hours AT LEAST on this one lock.

I feel better now that I'm balencing my alcohol to blood level correctly :D

The E30 defeated me for sure tonight. Hell, I don't even know WTF to do from this stage, so frustrating..

Malfunctioning limbs sounds interesting to say the least. Im helping a mate with an engine swap tomorrow morning, so may give it a crack in the afternoon.

If anyones got any tips..Please share!

Can you tell us how you fixed the other door locks? My central looking just took a sh*t and died. Is it one of those things where you take everything out, turn it over in your hands a few times, put it back in and it works, or are there specific things you can do?

Can you tell us how you fixed the other door locks? My central looking just took a sh*t and died. Is it one of those things where you take everything out, turn it over in your hands a few times, put it back in and it works, or are there specific things you can do?

Hey buddy, we ripped everything out of the doors bar the windows and regs.

Cleaned everything, made sure that the push/pull rods 1) were connected (lol) and 2) not bent out of shape.

Also a good idea to check the lock motors & their wiring. One of mine had toasted wiring.

Pain in the ass job really..

Strangely I also found a working horn button in my drivers side door.. Factory anti theft/alarm thing?

Also to all those people who dont have working drivers windows - Cut your loom boot off and check your door jam wiring. Mine had seen better days.

Still looking for help btw!

Edited by Mattzy

Strangely I also found a working horn button in my drivers side door.. Factory anti theft/alarm thing?

I found that in my car a few months ago haha, half asleep locking my door then holywtfbatman im awake

Cant help ya mate but also interested on how to fix this, on my drivers door I can unlock the car but cant lock from the drivers door, like the key wont let me turn it that way total pain in the ass.

Lance is right though, go have a few drinks and have a crack at it tommorow. If only he was so wise when changing my ball joint... He'll tell you about it.

Cant help ya mate but also interested on how to fix this, on my drivers door I can unlock the car but cant lock from the drivers door, like the key wont let me turn it that way total pain in the ass.

Lance is right though, go have a few drinks and have a crack at it tommorow. If only he was so wise when changing my ball joint... He'll tell you about it.

Well I was doing this thing one time on a car and it was going well untill it went AH F^%$ A$# C$^$ F$&@*^ S%$* A$% MOTHER $^*%#@ I NEED BEER F^&*@% 3 SERIES PIECE OF S^%@. F&@% take my car for the night F^@% S%@# BA$&@ F&@$ I'm going home to sleep I'm hungry and need Whiskey. The I went home, had a night cap and slept. Pulled everything apart again the next day started from scratch and was finished in about 20 minutes.

Lets try figure it out later in the week if you havnt sorted it by then.

This might be a bit late but heres a couple of photos of mine.

Key verticle

Posted Image

Key horizontal

Posted Image

It kinda turns inside inside out. Hard to describe.

Bloody brilliant mate. Thanks so much. Am going to have another crack at the drivers one tonight.

I notice that you've also got the door horn sensor too.

I think that picture you put up is either upside down or a passenger door. Probably a yank drivers door?!?

As for a horn sensor, if you say so HA.

Did you get it all sorted mattzy? I've been having a crack at mine this weekend, I think my control module is farked as it makes a grinding noise when any of the locks are operated and I have no central locking from anywhere, only individual locking.

And I think that is the central locking switch.....