Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Internet Slowdown

Watching turbo'd E30s on YouTube all day sucks up my bandwidth.

Dreams are free. And broadband isnt :(

I download TV shows. And a crapload of them. Yes I could watch them on TV. But they have Advertisements every 5 mins which drives me insane. And the fact that I do not get Prime here and donut have sky, and I would like to watch the current season of a show the same year it is released. And not at some obscure time.

I downloaded the Hamilton V8's race with no Adds. I download the F1 and Touring car races with no adds. I download HI-Def shows that are only normal quality here in NZ.

A 720p 40 min show in AVI is around 600-800mb. That is why I use so much bandwidth. Of course I know about the Restrictions. These restrictions are for shitty Torrents and between certain hours. I only download between about 1:00am and 3:00pm. At around 600+kbps. But when this drops to less than 100kbps I ask questions as to why. It speed up by itself again so I presume they were having more problems.

Where were you all over the last couple years?

http://www.telecom.co.nz/tools/1,8752,205450-204363,00.html

I did mention this a few posts back lol.

Its O.K go large atm. I dont do nearly as much downloading as I used to, infact its mostly for my PS3 at the moment, and gaming etc seems to be giving me good speeds. So I'm not tooooo worried. But it's definitely slower in downloads than our old Telstra PDQ setup used to be. But then.. that was only 10gigs a month, for a bigger price tag soo... all pros and cons considered go large is still the best bang for buck (for me, as there are about 4 people sharing it at different times)