Sign in to follow this  
Linden

WTB: e30 Superlow springs (fronts)

Hey guys im after a pair of cheap (6cyl) superlows for the front of my e30, already got rears from Chris C a while back and just need fronts!!!

027 3111 976

Still looking!

Edited by Linden

*bump* someone must have some!

or does someone know a cheap place to get springs compressed in christchurch??

Call Keith at H&R. Hes a legend, he will sort you out. 021378902

haha yeh i considered a chop job (would have to buy a angle grinder anyway) but compressing them is a bit better isnt it?

cant afford much at the moment as im on a budget so cant afford new decent springs (saving that for the future!) thats why im considering compressing since nobody has any, Ive found a place in chch that'll do a pair for $60 +gst

when compressed can they do it to a point where they are still captive or just compress them say 60mm?? :)

Have some coming out of my car on Monday, but I'm in Palmy, keep it mind if you want, PM with an offer.

*BUMP* still after a pair of fronts, been putting off getting mine compressed lol

haha yeh i considered a chop job (would have to buy a angle grinder anyway) but compressing them is a bit better isnt it?

cant afford much at the moment as im on a budget so cant afford new decent springs (saving that for the future!) thats why im considering compressing since nobody has any, Ive found a place in chch that'll do a pair for $60 +gst

when compressed can they do it to a point where they are still captive or just compress them say 60mm?? :)

Correct me if I wrong, but I was told cutting was better, apparently when a spring is compressed it loses its integrity and becomes sloppy but when a spring is cut it actually increases the spring rate. Either way has its pro’s and cons though.

When there are an abundance of cheap aftermarket springs available cutting and compressing seems quite pointless.

Linden, have you bothered calling Kith as suggested? He could do you a pair of Votgtland springs.

Yep whats why i've been putting it off, have talked to keith and are probally getting a pair of him if they are low enough.

Keith I just took a picture of how it sits now with the superlows in the back, so kinda need it quite low at the front too.

post-1069-1242860510_thumb.jpg

I am also considering getting all the shocks shortened as theres a bit too much roll around corners ;) so if anyone knows a cheap place to get them done in chch it would be much appreciated :D