Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Wiring conversion e28/e32 - final steps

Hi Guys

Im soooo excited the m30b35 conversion is finally working, was a stuck ISCV i believe after cleaning some petrol and it actually going now ,also put bigger blaster coil on well just looks bigger same one, think i was using the one off my alfa even tho it had good spark...

neways back to my prob both my tacho and collant gauge dont work, i bypassed tacho with a wire from blaster coil so i can test it.

does anyone know where the e28 wires are sposed to be wired to on the e32 ecu wiring haness, as i followed the e28 ones and they dissapair down the floor somewhere... my major issue is that i have a aftermarket coolant gauge and if i wire that or the coolant gauge just with a wire from the coolant sensor - as per e28 car dies (motronic 1.3) killing my fuel injection i think.

my only option at the moment is just putting a spare coolant sender in one of the spare plugs and wiring it up...

any help would be appreciated at least then itl be road legalish, Think a new shell b4 the upgrades.

and thank you all for the help over this year

Seen this one Kym?

E28

Pin 1, BU goes to alternator. Goes to alternator "charge indicator" light in instrument cluster.

Pin 2, BU/VI or BU/RD static oil level sender unit. Goes to static oil level light in the active check control unit.

Pin 4, BR/WH Coolant temp sensor driver wire. Runs to coolant temp gauge in instrument cluster.

Pin 6, GN/YL goes to the O2 sensor heater relay. Gets power from fuse 6 and in the fuse box is colored GN/WH.

Pin 7, GN/VI gets power from Pin 87 of Fuel Pump Relay and goes to fuse 1 in the fuse box.

Pin 8, BK/YL Starter trigger wire comes from the ignition key.

Pin 9, Not used

Pin 10, WH/BK To Diagnostic connector Pin 6. Said to be "not used".

Pin 12, GN Powers the coil from fuse 1 of fuse box

Pin 13, BU/WH Dynamic oil level sender unit. Goes to oil level light in active check control unit.

Pin 14, BR/GN Oil Pressure switch. Runs to oil pressure light in instrument cluster.

Pin 15, WH/BU Service indicator to Diagnostic connector.

Pin 16, GN Is the same as the GN wire in Pin 12 and is actually spliced together with the wire from Pin 12 at S127

Pin 17, GN/VI To Fuel pump relay through splice S128

E34 uses a round style connector to plug into the fuse box. This has 20 pins so I will list what the wires in each of those do.

Pin 1, BU goes to the alternator. Comes from the Instrument Cluster "charge indicator" light. BU in the fuse box.

Pin 2, GN/YL comes from oil lever sensor. It is BU/BK in the fuse box and runs to the static oil level active check control unit, which is the same as the oil level light.

Pin 4, BR/VI comes from the coolant temp sender unit. It is BR/VI in the fuse box and goes to the Instrument cluster temp gauge.

Pin 5, BR/GN Oil pressure switch. Runs to instrument cluster oil pressure light.

Pin 6, GN/WH goes to the O2 sensor heater relay. Gets power from fuse 9 and in the fuse box is colored GN/YL.

Pin 7, GN comes from the ignition switch and goes to the Start Input, in the motronic unit and it also goes to Pin 15 on the coil. In the fuse box it is colored GN.

Pin 8, WH/BK comes from the motronic unit "present fuel rate output". Is YL/WH in fuse box and runs to Fuel Economy Gauge in the bottom of the tach.

Pin 9, BK goes to the ECU Engine speed output. This is BK in the fuse box. On the E28 this actually should be the connected in C103.

Pin 10, BU comes from the oil level sensor. It is VI/GN in the fuse box and goes to the active check control unit as the dynamic oil level light.

Pin 11, WH/GN comes from Pin 7 of the diagnostic connector. Is WH/BU in the fuse box and goes to the Service Indicator Processor.

Pin 12, GY comes from the ECU and is the trigger for the "Check Engine" light control. In the fuse box it is BR/BK. This wire is not used on the E28, since there is no check engine light.

Pin 13, GN/VI comes from Pin 87 of fuel pump relay. Is VI/RD in fuse box and runs to Fuse 11.

Pin 14, BK/WH comes from motronic unit "Speed Signal Input". Is BU/YL in fuse box and goes to the Speed Input of the Instrument Cluster.

Pin 15, BK/GN comes from Pin 30h on the coil. In the fuse box it is BK/GN and runs to the unloader relays.

Pin 16, WH/BK comes from Pin 6 of diagnostic connector and is used in the SRS system. In the fuse box it is WH/BK and is said to be not used.

Pin 18, BK/YL is the starter trigger and comes from in the car. It is also BK/YL in the fuse box. It also runs to Pin 11 of the diagnostic connector.

Pin 20, RD/YL comes from Pin 87 of the main relay. It is RD/YL and goes to power the ABS Hydraulic Unit.

Thanks silver fox

Ive had a look at that but looks like i may have missed the 2 wires that are for the coolant and tach so ill try go sort that out,

but any idea's on why puting the aftermarket gauge on would cause the car to stop running after about a minute seems to cut the fuel injection

cheers