Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

bellmouth?

so looking for a bellmouth like this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-213392936.htm for a cold air intake, but i need one about 5" diameter inlet, same size as E30 headlight basicly, searched trademe and thats all that came up, does anyone know where else i can get these and if theres a different name for them so i can have more luck searching

Cheers,

Andrew

hehe bellmouth

so close to bell-end

so looking for a bellmouth like this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-213392936.htm for a cold air intake, but i need one about 5" diameter inlet, same size as E30 headlight basicly, searched trademe and thats all that came up, does anyone know where else i can get these and if theres a different name for them so i can have more luck searching

Cheers,

Andrew

why dont you just make one to fit. it shouldnt be too hard

Fibreglass one mate. Plant pot + Fibreglass

Or use a flared subwoofer port

Why f**k around with this on the intake?

Just hacksaw off your muffler and weld this to the exhaust.

You'll notice a huge improvement in driving skills [ trying to get away from the police ]

....WTF ...ya internet hero

wasn't aware that was advise from "kerrynzl"...was looking for a clean tidy way of doing my air intake and airbox but if i'm not going to get helpful advise i'll go play "GaNgStA y0" and attach it to my exhaust and run from da 5-0 as suggested earlier :ph34r:

a piece of pipe/plastic tube is asking to be pulled over and be hassled so get real

Cheers to others that gave helpful suggestions

What did your poor ol' high beam ever do to you?!

Get a drill and a file, and drill and file all the bits of plastic out from between the fins of the grill around the headlights, Quite a lot can be opened up. Stealth and perfect ;)

wasn't aware that was advise from "kerrynzl"...was looking for a clean tidy way of doing my air intake and airbox but if i'm not going to get helpful advise i'll go play "GaNgStA y0" and attach it to my exhaust and run from da 5-0 as suggested earlier :ph34r:

a piece of pipe/plastic tube is asking to be pulled over and be hassled so get real

Cheers to others that gave helpful suggestions

It wasn't advice mate! total sarcasm intended.

I see people that think a "big-bore, chip, & Pod" can get 100% gains.

personally, all I would do is put a K&N element into the stock "box".

If a motor can't rev any more because it's starved of air, then look at ways to get more air into it.

Are you really revving it all the time? Or are you breathing a bigger engine through it?

Horsepower is the size of the bang x the number of bangs per minute [ "Keith Duckworth of Cosworth Fame" ]

Or use a flared subwoofer port

Good idea.

Will do this for track day.

have a chat to MLM off the forum, he was tempted to start making up some cold air boxes for people.

This is the heat sheild he made for the 205:

Posted Image Posted Image

Just to know we where limited a lot in the design by the maf placement/angle and connector to the idle stepper motor

Edited by DRTDVL

-It wasn't advice mate! total sarcasm intended.

All good then haha hard to tell over the internet, sorry mate :rolleyes:

-Are you really revving it all the time? Or are you breathing a bigger engine through it?

yes and no just brought the E30 so i had a car i could drive "hard" so it will get revved, stock engine tho, and still keep the E36 as a daily, so wouldnt mind tinkering with the car i can "blow up" as such, thought a good cold air intake and box would perhaps help a wee bit with getting wee gains for little $$, was just fishing for ideas, looks like others may have thought about it also

Have just ordered a couple of extra large ports so can send you one when I get them. I know intakes do bugger all for performance but I love the sound of a POD filter and let’s face it, the M20 needs all the acoustic help it can get.

Im just going to feed through the head light and onto the end of the CAI.

Posted Image

Posted Image

have a chat to MLM off the forum, he was tempted to start making up some cold air boxes for people.

This is the heat sheild he made for the 205:

Posted Image Posted Image

Just to know we where limited a lot in the design by the maf placement/angle and connector to the idle stepper motor

Still tempted. I was going to make one up for my car to see how feasable/useful it would be with either 1.8mm bright stainless or 2mm aluminium. If I get my a into g i will put up how i go.

Hey Ive got a fibre glass Race pro intake end thing at home if anyones' interested.

Its not round though, its rectangular. Perfect for behind the E36 fog light hole though

I had a go this weekend at making a cold air box for an e36 318is.

It is a full enclosed heatshield with rubber sealing to the bonnet and bodywork to stop vibrations and hot air. It was made to take advantage of the original air inlet from the kidney grill, though i doubt that it intorduces that much cold air into the box at all

Performance: nothing noticable (expected)

Sound: awesome

Next step is a cold air feed

post-3850-1241826520_thumb.jpg

post-3850-1241826881_thumb.jpg