Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

race rubber

can anyone get good deals on some toyo r888s. i need 205-40-r17. best price offered to me so far is 300 ea. can anyone beat that?

can anyone get good deals on some toyo r888s. i need 205-40-r17. best price offered to me so far is 300 ea. can anyone beat that?

You are better off to go with 15" wheels and use the same Toyos they use for the race series. But I guess your brakes are too big to go back to 15"???

cant go any smaller than 16s and i have several sets of 17 inch mags so may aswell use them

Yup got mine for 250 ea from auto tyre limited.

I can also get for much cheaper from a mate as he gives them to me for cost price but only for me.

Do you need Semi-Slicks?? Or Full slicks?? In that size I'd look for some tyres from the Mini Challenge guys.

They have wets & drys but I don't think they are for "road use" as required by some track events.

You need semi slicks, Ollie, not full slicks, can run intermarque for club points on full slicks.

I meant to say, you cannot run for points on full slicks...

Yeh, mine are perhaps a bit wider but if they fit under your guards surely thats a good thing??

what size are your tyres crazyarab? yeh they have to be semi slicks. not complete slicks.

TradeMe

what size are your tyres crazyarab? yeh they have to be semi slicks. not complete slicks.

His tyres will be 235x45x17 Oli - If you get the angle grinder out you'll fit them! And it will grip...

Angle grinder?????? im not as rough as you kerry. never mind though. i have something up my sleeve. will be on race rubber for next meet

I can do a better deal pm for details, cheers.

Angle grinder?????? im not as rough as you kerry. never mind though. i have something up my sleeve. will be on race rubber for next meet

Haha what are you trying to say? ...hmm this could be interesting??!!