Sign in to follow this  
Antallica

Visible Registration Card

My rego holder thingie has come unglued, and I was wondering is it law to have it fixed to the windshield at all times? Had a brief look at the LTSA website but couldn't find anything that obvious.

Ants.

10 Display of licences (other than trade licences)

(1) This clause applies to licences to use motor vehicles but does not apply to trade licences.

(2) A licence issued for a vehicle shall be displayed as follows:

© If the vehicle is not a motor cycle, moped, tractor, or trailer, and is fitted with a windscreen, the licence must be displayed on the inside of the windscreen, as close as is practicable to the bottom right-hand corner of the windscreen (when viewed from the outside and front of the vehicle):

(3) In every case the licence shall be displayed in an upright easily visible position.

13 Issue and display of licences

(4) A licence for a motor vehicle issued in accordance with this Part of this Act shall be affixed to the motor vehicle in the manner prescribed in a notice made under section 14 of this Act and may be affixed to the vehicle at any time within the month before the date on which it comes into force.

You can get a new sticky thing for free from the post office.

Mine has always been placed at the top right viewed from outside, police have never had issues with it like this.

Not sure why its there, kinda looks nicer I think, slightly impaired by the tint strip along the top.

If you fit a new on have the insert slot side slightly higher it will help stop the rego card flying/sliding out on fun drives