Sign in to follow this  
OSiRiS

Scratch, do you think this will buff out?

Will it buff out?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scratch, do you think this will buff out?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All jokes aside, this is the unfortunate result of a crash where the lady driver of the blue BMW pulled out from a side road in front of my younger brothers car travelling at 70kph about 500m away from home.

She had to be cut out with the jaws of life however she did not suffer any major injuries. She was admitted to hospital shortly after she was released from her vehicle. My brother and his two passengers walked away unscratched.

Edited by OSiRiS

Road condition was wet and about 9pm so was dark. Driver of the blue BMW claims she slowed down at the give way and pulled out but didn't see him coming. My brother said in his statement that she slowed down coming to her give way intersection but rolled through the give way and once she saw his car she came to a complete stop in the middle of the road. My brother had the right of way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Holden fully insured and I suspect a write off on both cars. Note the position of the gearshift/gearbox in the Holden. Not sure about the insurance status of the BMW though.

The roads are going to get wetter and the driving conditions are going to worsen, please take care on our roads!

Do us a favour mate and add the photos as attachments after having made them a little smaller.

I cant even fit them on my 17' widescreen !

Glad everyone's ok. Interesting to see how the A pillar airbag deploys in the E46. Have always wondered how it was meant to work.

Do us a favour mate and add the photos as attachments after having made them a little smaller.

I cant even fit them on my 17' widescreen !

It should automatically resize them to fit your screen. It does for me and everyone else.

was the holden turbo? boost gauge?

You might have missed the massive supercharger in the engine bay pics...

Edited by OSiRiS

Holdens are crap. Crap handling, crap braking. The kid had no hope of stopping it on a wet road.

And Europlates on a Holden? :mellow:

Nothing nice to say?

Maybe you should refrain from posting next time <_<

Looks like a waste of two nice cars, like those wheels on the bmw

Holdens are crap. Crap handling, crap braking. The kid had no hope of stopping it on a wet road.

Ummmm....... does your mum know you're using the computer?

Nothing nice to say?

Maybe you should refrain from posting next time <_<

+1

Thats the second time Ive seen you say something stupid.

Have a bit of sympathy for the people that have lost their pride and joy! You probably dont know what its like to have a nice car anyway..

Interesting to see the damage done (front v side impact). Goes to show crumple zones work.

:o arrrrrrrrr not the holden!!! :( that thing was soooooo cool :( I bet your brothers gutted as...such a fricken waste!!

Atleast your brother and his mate wernt hurt! will miss hearing the sound of it though sounded awesome!

Buff out? Nah, just a little bit of Paint-Doctor on the really bad spots and it would be mint :P

Gutted as, they both looked pretty mint (this coming from a die-hard ford fan)

was the holden turbo? boost gauge?

Lol I was gonna say Dan theres a bit of a give away in the engine bay shot :P What a waste of a nice Holden, ohh and not to mention the bmw. These occurences are unfortunate to say the least however inevitable, especially with the mixture of drivers combined with weather we have here.

And Europlates on a Holden? :mellow:

The point in that comment was? Keep them to yourself if you have nothing better to say please. Im sure you would not appreciate it if someone was taking the piss out of your pride and joy just after someone pulls out in front of you..

Looks like a waste of two nice cars, like those wheels on the bmw

+1

That Holden is meeeaaan (Even though I dislike Holdens).

Edited by E30ONP

Touch up pen on the sill of the bimmer and it'll all be good...

Serious, glad nobody was hurt

Sorry to see that. Both look like mint cars.

Not a huge fan of Holdens but its nice. Bet that supercharger makes up for that small 5.7 litre lump under the bonnet! ;)

Edited by Nick021

Big Impact! Good to hear no one was hurt.

I had a similar situation a while ago, except it was a 50+ woman driving her brand spanker E60 540i who pulled out in front of me while i was doing about 70. Difference was, i had time to swerve around her. Needless to say she god a mega dose of the evils at the next intersection.

Sorry to see that. Both look like mint cars.

Not a huge fan of Holdens but its nice. Bet that supercharger makes up for that small 5.7 litre lump under the bonnet! ;)

Even smaller 3.8 V6 Nick ;) known as an SV6 arnt they? Either way what a waste of two cars lucky the outcome was no worse..

nice to see 68.4% of the votes say it can be buffed out, its seems weird she stopped in the middle of the road :wacko: but i guess she panicked..............good to see there were no serious injuries.

you getting a good insurance payout? or is it a huge loss?

Edited by Jamez

Good to hear that nobody was seriously hurt. Can you imagine a VK Commodore t-boning a MK5 Cortina or even an E30? 20 years back there would most likely have been a powerhose and body bag involved after the fact...

Just shows how good the safety systems are these days - most of us will never need the systems built into our cars.

I'm sorry, I guess everybody didn't relise my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

No need to get your knickers in a twist everyone, it was only a joke. :D:P

Oh and for reference Mum has a VZ SS.