Sign in to follow this  
APT

Cambelt change ?

Ok well i bought my e30 (320 auto) about a year and a bit ago luckily the previuos owner handed me receipts done to the car from 2003 onwards ive counted and it has has over $4000 in repairs and services etc..

My question is my car has now done 201 ks and its last cambelt change was in 2004 when it has done 175 ks, it had new cambelt, tensioners, Ignition timing, cam timing all done..Now in the mornings when i start my car the car sometimes cant hold a steady idle, Ive cleaned AFM ICV removed all little oil particles, Any ideas what it could be??

Also i can hear a belt running loud for a few mins until it gets warm would this be the cambelt? it is more noticable when i shift gears from Park to Drive.. New Cambelt Tme <_< ?

Thanks Bimmersporters

Can be 90% sure that's an Air Leak, always makes the idle weak and floatly. Check your spark plugs too to see if they are a little burnt from the extra air.

And a loose belt, easy fix. Tighten, or replace and tighten. It wouldn't be the cam belt, if that was slipping, your engine would be dead ahaa.

Edited by Incary

Cambelts get done every 60,000km or 5 years on an M20. The belt noise is probably one of your fan belts.

The idling issue will either be an air leak, ICV or fuel mixture. Tight tappets can also give idling issues