Sign in to follow this  
computertrader

M42 Motor and Trans for sale Low(ish) kms CHEAP

I have decided to sell my M42 motor and GM Trans

Done 110,000kms

In good condition

has had repair to sump otherwise all good

was in 96 Ti

Includes Motor, loom, ECU, EWS II Module and Chip from Key.

Happy to strap on a pallet and drop off to freight depot but buyer to arrange shipping.

Motor: $300

Matching GM Trans also Available if required : $50 if buying motor $150 if trans on it's own

Also Have M40 Head available, No Damage, Would reccomend resurface before reusing $100

Some Ti Parts Available, Ask and i will see if i have it

Parts in Christchurch, Pickup or buyer to arrange (Happy to drop at depot)

say i brought this to put it in a E30, would it be able to have a manual gbox bolted easy or no because of the ECU etc all talking to each other with the automatic? if you get what i mean :rolleyes:

just out of interest

attention Forrest(Nathan) ....... here's ya chance

say i brought this to put it in a E30, would it be able to have a manual gbox bolted easy or no because of the ECU etc all talking to each other with the automatic? if you get what i mean :rolleyes:

just out of interest

I wouldn't have thought that there'd be much problem with that. M20's and M40's don't have that problem...wonder if the M42 is really that much more advanced?

I think more problems may come from EWS if my quick google is correct.

attention Forrest(Nathan) ....... here's ya chance

+1 Hurry up and buy it before I'm stupid enough to have a $300 doorstop. Any idea on shipping to Auckland anyone?

just out of interest

If you go from Auto to Manual, you leave out the Auto control unit and recode the DME for manual

Come on...someone must need a cheap motor?

I believe there will be no issues putting this in a car with a manual, As mentioned get the dme reflashed to suit the manual gearbox

It includes the EWS II Module and all the wires attached so a clever person could just fit it to their car with the ews system as well or source another ECU from a pre EWS car and off you go.

^ Am pretty interested...what kinda repair to the sump? PM'd :D

Also, out of noobness, whats a GM Trans????

Edited by Forrest

^ Am pretty interested...what kinda repair to the sump? PM'd :D

Also, out of noobness, whats a GM Trans????

The sump got a hole in it in the previous car this motor was in, It has been repaired by a specalist alloy welder so is as good as new, Just thought i'd mention it had been repaired.

The GM Trans is one of the trans options fitted to some of the mid 90s 4cyl E36s

Can someone (who has solid information) confirm if it's true that E30 M42 intake manifold and ancillaries are needed for this motor to be put into an E30?

I was under the impression E36 bits could be used for an E30 transplant - at least for a M40 powered E30.

'Cos I found this :(

^ It is so hard to find conversion info, cause the US didn't get the m40, so the majority of the swaps are e30 m42 to e36 m42 motors :( or a completely unrelated motor to e36 m42

^ It is so hard to find conversion info, cause the US didn't get the m40, so the majority of the swaps are e30 m42 to e36 m42 motors :( or a completely unrelated motor to e36 m42

Come on...someone must be keen on this, Keep tripping over it so it's got to go $250...go on. Anyone?