Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

L jet to motronic conversion

Hey guys.

am installing all my motronic 1.3 stuff into my e30. i need to make and adaptor to go from the pfl square plug next to the fuse box to the round motronic plug that bolts on the firewall. anyone done this before? or know where i can get the info on what wires i need to join??

many thanks guys.

Guest FrantiC

I have, I have the diagram at home I'll post it later on when I get on my home PC.

Very straight forward, about 10 wires I think.

Edited by FrantiC

Hey guys.

am installing all my motronic 1.3 stuff into my e30. i need to make and adaptor to go from the pfl square plug next to the fuse box to the round motronic plug that bolts on the firewall. anyone done this before? or know where i can get the info on what wires i need to join??

many thanks guys.

I'm about to do that on my E21 that has l-jet. I was going to fit the complete motronic loom, cut the round plug off and use decent insulated plug from an auto electrical place to connect into the E21 loom using the 2 wiring diagrams to cross reference..

You may need to change injectors as I have read l-jet use low impedance. I have never tested this.

Edited by Deano

I have, I have the diagram at home I'll post it later on when I get on my home PC.

That would be of interest to me also..cheers

+1, you can do it without the diagram as all the wires are color coded, I also have a diagram but its pretty bad quality :(

Guest FrantiC

Posted Image

There is also a c104 connector on the e30's which can bite you in the rear...

Motronic sends the Tach and power signals through the c101 round fusebox connector. Jetronic sends it through the c104, which is a 3 pin plug found by the ECU (comes off of the engine loom by the plug into ECU). So if you want a working tach, you will need to wire the tach signal (I will have to check through my old wiring diagrams , its either pin 7 or 8 IIRC on the round c101 connector and connects to 1 of the 3 c104 wires).

The other 2 c104 wires are for ECU power for the Jetronic ECU (Don't need this for motronic) and I forgot the other... But I will find out for you as I had to wire all these up once upon a time durnig a motor swap.

Hey guys.

many thanks guys.

You can have a look at mine, done this on two cars now.