Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

1987 e30 M3

Sorry gang, the lack of vids is my fault.

It's often hard to convey certain emotions through the internet. I'm trying to project "blame" ;):D

Update. Had a problem with the TPS and it turned out it needed replacing. Here is the dyno plot for the M3

Bottom line was with the old TPS sensor, top line was with the new sensor fitted and a few adjustments to get the afr's correct etc :) Just needs a road tune to get 5%-10% throttle mapped (have to wait till it's road legal though)

Figures at the Wheels

210.4Hp @ 7132rpm's - 122mph

180fp's @ 5305rpm's - 91mph

4.1:1 gear ratio, ECU electronically limited to 7800rpm's but I won't be taking it that high in a hurry :ph34r:

post-1723-1248246835_thumb.jpg

Laurence

Edited by Old_Skool_Bmw

And the good lord said 'let there be video!'

Bugger, I cant embed the videos so it will have to be links instead....I havent edited these, Ive just dumped them from the camera onto my youtube account.

With e30 M3's I would expect LHD examples to be worth more than a RHD model (offers the chance to re-sell back overseas IF NEEDED). Discussions about RHD vs. LHD M3's performance have been around for years.

More to do with the average chap in this country wants to drive a car on the correct side for the country, as it is easier and to be honest safer....but that said I don't want to convert my own. 75% of enthusiasts also prefer them left hook, but many feel strongly enough about it to part with the readies to pay for a conversion and fair priced right hooks sell quickly. The total world left hook market is certainly much bigger.

I plan on having my car fully legal. More on that in a few weeks :)

Be interested to hear if you are successful....good luck.

Sorry the vids are so short guys..

The dyno room was SO loud, from the massive fan (that cools the engine) and the engine itself, that it was shutting the video recorder down because it was too loud for it!

They also fail to tell you to wear 5 jerseys as well, f**k it gets cold standing in there for 30mins!

I plan on getting a good roady vid when I go up to Taupo at the end of August, along with some track time vids :)

Laurence

Love the sound of the airbox bro :)

Would be good to see some video time of the car on the rollers also.

This thread has made my day man!

Mad respect for all the trouble you went to and the dedication!