Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

BMW diagnostic / reset tool

I only got this about 3 weeks ago but now i need to part with it. Due to more bills going out than cash flow comming in i am going to have to part with it.

Thought i would give the heads up here first just incase somebody wanted in first before i put it on trade me this weekend.

Price is $240 (thats what i payed for it) will ship for free anywhere in nz.

Ever thought to yourself what if my car could just tell me what's wrong !!

well here it is !!

access your car's diagnostics circuitry via this kit using your PC to find out what's wrong and make repairs easier/faster !!

can access !!ALL!! petrol and diesel engines 1988 - 2004. can read most modules and reset error codes ranging from brake and traction control, ABS, gearbox faults, engine faults to body electronics on the car !! reset oil service light, perform live data diagnostics (rpm, intake air temp, injection timing, gearbox performance etc) and more!!

all readouts are in ENGLISH

A MUST HAVE FOR BMW OWNERS, PAYS FOR IT SELF, NOT NEEDING TO GO TO THE GARAGE TO HAVE A SINGLE DIAGNOSTIC DONE ON A SIMPLE PROBLEM!! WHICH COST ME $40 FOR MECHANIC TO SAY YOU NEED TO CHANGE A SENSOR!!

Or diagnose a bmw before you buy it on the spot!! reduce the chances of buying a dunga of a car that is going to cost you more to repair.

includes:

-- diagnostic Interface

-- Serial cable RS232

-- 16pin OBD2 connection cable

-- 20pin BMW connection cable

-- Software CD

will install in XP, not sure about vista.

NOTE:

- you must have a rs232 serial port on your laptop/desktop you install this on. desktops have the plug at the back, but most new laptops now DON'T.

- you can buy a rs232 to PCMCIA adaptor for the laptop if you need to. Or i can suppy a new one for $35

- A GOOD RS232 serial port - USB converter works but not all works so be cautious.

E30 / E31 / E32 / E34 / E36 / E38 / E39 / E46 / E53 / E60 / E63 / E65 / E66 /Z3 / Z4 / Z8 / X5 / X3

1988 - 2004 obd1 and obd2 bmws

post-3443-1242129348_thumb.jpg

post-3443-1242129391_thumb.jpg

post-3443-1242129414_thumb.jpg

Edited by presso

Didn't you just get this ;)

Sure did as i mentioned at the begining of the post. Its not that there is anything wrong with it in fact it works brilliantly , But as a result of a few things all happening at the same time i need $$$, Fact of life i guess in these times, Rego is due and car has to go in for its service to keep the warrenty valid, These and a few other things are forcing me to sell some of my toys.

Is this the same one from trademe??

Is this the same one from trademe??

I got this one from trade me and am selling at the same price i bought it for. I did see one the other day but it was missing the proper connections i think. It Did not have the 20 pin connection i think it only has the 16 pin one which limits things a huge amount. Edited by presso