Sign in to follow this  
Gus

iPod

Just to share some love, I FINALLY figured out how to get music off an iPod - I may be a little retarded but there is so many sh*t programs out there that make you pay for them. This one is genuinely free. It's called iDump - google it

just sharing the love, nothing much more to add!

I have been told "sharepod" is good too. Use instead of itunes and you can add music to someones ipod without having to resync the whole thing. This is only what I have heard, I don't actually have one of those fancy ipod things.

Guest FrantiC

Maybe I am just a geek, But I would always go into the ipod, show hidden files and extract music that way lol. It's in there, Just hidden.

Heard of Winamp. Only one of the biggest Media players in the world and it can read and write to IPUDS. And it allows you to do this in the free version of it. Been a while since I had an Ipud but should still be the same.

Maybe I am just a geek, But I would always go into the ipod, show hidden files and extract music that way lol. It's in there, Just hidden.

You can do that, but good luck getting the media information for the songs... as the ipod stores them all under codenames, like a letter followed by 2 numbers etc.

Using Sharepod etc you can get them off the ipod with all media information attached, and personally i find sharepod to be quite easy to use, and useful especially as it can be run from the file on the ipod itself, ie. no need to install

You can do that, but good luck getting the media information for the songs... as the ipod stores them all under codenames, like a letter followed by 2 numbers etc.

But if your only sticking it in a new ipod whats the problem ?

You drag the data into a directory, import it with itunes (which reads and displays all the media information) and then stick it on the new ipod....sorted and no software required.

Edited by Penry