Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

New work car!

It's a brand spankin Mazda BT-50 SDX in the traditional black ofcourse. I optioned it with the sportslid & deck liner, nudge bar, 3 ton tow bar & bonnet protector. It had 22.3km on the clock when I got it last saturday and its already done 1600km, drove it to Christchurch from Dunedin and got all the way back to Oamaru and filled it there costing only $52 bucks + RUC ofcourse but still thats pretty good. It will get better too once it runs in. This thing outpulls our other work car (05 Mazda 6) with 115kw & 380nm, the torque is awesome and available at only 1800rpm.

Have a few pics of her!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice one!! I need an upgrade from my Subi work car....

I like the plate. Not a bad score for a govt issue.

Should have got a TRD hilux they rape face!

I'm pretty sure they aint available in NZ, anyway would be far more expensive than mine & probably twice the fuel costs.

Yeah Cam, a dealer from down Invercargill rang up and asked for my bank account number LOL Went 2 Thursday's ago.

I had real trouble letting the CLK-55 AMG go, but the S4 was alot easier to hand over the keys. This ute will do me for a year as our business purchased it. I'm still keen to get another E30 at some stage, been on the lookout now for ages.

Good mate of mine sells tough decks and covers for utes, I asked him what was the best vehicle in this segment as they have all of them as company vehicles for R&D, he said the Mazda/Ford by a country mile!

The Hilux doesn’t even have lap sash seat belts for centre rear passengers and drives like crap in comparison to the Nissan and Fozda.

For some reason I would still take the Hilux in dark grey with the 18" wheel option, they look awsome and have realy good resale.

Ah well, no "fun" car means an E30 purchase is probably getting closer...

Good mate of mine sells tough decks and covers for utes, I asked him what was the best vehicle in this segment as they have all of them as company vehicles for R&D, he said the Mazda/Ford by a country mile!

The Hilux doesn’t even have lap sash seat belts for centre rear passengers and drives like crap in comparison to the Nissan and Fozda.

For some reason I would still take the Hilux in dark grey with the 18" wheel option, they look awsome and have realy good resale.

Yeah I've heard the same from alot of people. A 2nd hand Hilux SR5 with low mileage is 40k + so spending 39k onroad for the Mazda was a no brainer. IMO they are more modern looking nicer to drive and they have a hell of alot more grunt - it's really noticeable. My loan car while the Mazda was getting the sports lid fitted was a 2007 SR5 4WD Hilux LOL - the difference was MASSIVE! - not only that, the road noise of the Hilux was terrible!

I agree, the Hilux has a way better resale value, but IMO your spending way less at the purchase and the average price of a 07-08 BT-50 second hand is 35k if you look around. The one we test drove was an 06 done 59km manual & they wanted 32k and that was cheap. I tried the Nissan aswell and we absolutley loved the looks on the outside of them, & IMO they are the best looking utes available, but the interior makes me want to bring up last nights dinner, I mean look at them!!!! Looks like a 89 Skyline inside LOL

Posted Image

Compared to the Mazda/Ford

Posted Image

Ah well, no "fun" car means an E30 purchase is probably getting closer...

Yep for sure!

If things go well this year I want to get another Porsche Boxster closer to summer, I know they are a hair-dressers car but they do go well & the sound fantastic & the handling is pretty much the best I've had. But for now I'm still looking out for a decent 6 cylinder E30!