Sign in to follow this  
nath

Any 325i coupe, or any 535i

Ok, so the boat is sold, and i have lotsa holes burning in my bulging pockets!!

I'd love an e28 like sparkles, or a (good cond) 6er, or a good condition e30 325i.

i dont want to spend 2 much, maybe no more thn 5k, altho throw some mean as alpina at me and ill pay 35k!

cheer bro's

Ok, so the boat is sold, and i have lotsa holes burning in my bulging pockets!!

I'd love an e28 like sparkles, or a (good cond) 6er, or a good condition e30 325i.

i dont want to spend 2 much, maybe no more thn 5k, altho throw some mean as alpina at me and ill pay 35k!

cheer bro's

have a 1982 635csi email me retrah1@wave.co.nz

yeah man, 635s are f*cken cool cars, if u want a decent one ur lookin at paying 8-9-10-11, otherwise u'll be makin up for it in the long run anyway. that gold one looks like a good choice, if u get one thats been owned by someone in the bmw car club, it should have been looked after.

Make sure you take someone with you off here if ur not too clued up

Dont nessacerily go for one with the lower k's too, the M30s are f*cken strong engines, way more than M20s, and are supposed to last way more than 500,000 kms, ive had a few problems with mine, but im thinking thats because i wasnt daily driven, and wen things havnt been used and start getting used alot then bad things sometimes happen.

Main thing to look for on them is rust, check pillars for rust repairs to see if its had any before, then check sills, boot, gaurds etc, look under carpet if u can.

Try and get a 635csi, anything under will be slow. Also try and get the high compression motor (which ive got :P ), which has compression 10:1 instead of the low compression 8:1, HP wise the high compression puts out 218hp to the low compression 180hp, you can usually tell by looking at the exhaust, near the back of the exhaust near the manifold, if its low compression it should have a catalyic converter (small box) or if its high it wont have one, itll have a resonator there instead (someone off here should be able to tell you when you go for a look)

Advantages of the low compression motor means you can turbo it with the TCD kit.

sparkle

hmm....think of the petrol

they're not actually that bad, i know mines not, uses probably less gas on the open road than a M20, and it looks like nath is travelling quite a bit

oh yeah take a leaf out of my book (which i skipped wen i got my car)

..check for rust! and make sure that ur suspension mounts are held in well and not by silicone

What is the world coming to when you have to pay 10K for a goddamn mid '80s car!! come on market prices- DROP A LITTLE!

But i spose if thats what i have to pay, then thats what ill pay!

Did anyone see that ridiculous 635csi on trademe for $25,000? haaaaa

Edited by nath

Guest Spargo

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA.

E34 Biturbo's don't go for more than £10K. Thats say, 35K on road here. What a DREAMER. If you're on the site: /yourself.

I think you are too! First your 300K+ 635 for 25K on trademe, now this! What are they made of, gold? :lol:

Wheels and kit dont suddenly add 25K to a cars value!

And adding to that- RHD E34's are NA arent they?,

Kiwialpina, did u pay anywhere near that?

make me a offer for my 1990 reg nz new 535 is manualwith lsd ,leather recaro`s,climate ac,sunroof,obc,175000kms,service history,diaond shwarz,etc etc and i will buy cains.....