Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Global warmin' my arse

Well last night it snowed at my place for the first time in 'bout 10 years. I live just below Mt Taranaki but the snow doesn't normaly make it this low.

As for global warming.....the mountain wasn't completely clear of snow until mid march this year and now it's covered again so thats 'bout 2 months.

This is a pic i took this morn' from my deck.

AHHH my million dollar view, stand on the deck and look left you see the mountain, then look right and you look over New Plymouth to the ocean :P

Nice view!

Shame you have to look over New Plymouth to see the ocean, but I guess you cant have everything Ha.

Frost up here too so hurry up global warming.

Edited by westy

Wow! I cant wait to get up their boarding! Hopefully its clear till sunday!

Would have been dam cold tho John! The day i visited it was clouded over, looks mint from your Pad.

Nice view!

Shame you have to look over New Plymouth to see the ocean, but I guess you cant have everything Ha.

Whats exactly wrong with New Plymouth?

Id much rather be here than jammed in the Hustle and Bustle of Auckland 24/7!

Wow! I cant wait to get up their boarding! Hopefully its clear till sunday!

Would have been dam cold tho John! The day i visited it was clouded over, looks mint from your Pad.

Whats exactly wrong with New Plymouth?

Id much rather be here than jammed in the Hustle and Bustle of Auckland 24/7!

Yep Blair, primo place up here, only prob' is i gotta put up with all the crap weather to get a decent view once in awhile lol.

And yeah i love NP, i've lived all over the north island and i always end up in NP, think it has to do with the people. It's one of the few places in the N.I where strangers still say 'hi' to you on the street.

Woah, loving the view. Mildly jealous right now, in hamilton at school

Global warming is just the name for it. What it really means is more extremes in weather, which we are seeing with hotter summers, colder winters and generally harsher weather.

EDIT: more suitable name is "climate change" which is what is occurring. The snow at this time of the year is a prime example that the climate is changing.

Edited by mtech1 e30

Global warming is just the name for it. What it really means is more extremes in weather, which we are seeing with hotter summers, colder winters and generally harsher weather.

EDIT: more suitable name is "climate change" which is what is occurring. The snow at this time of the year is a prime example that the climate is changing.

I knew someone would post something like this. :rolleyes: The title was a semi tongue in cheek way to start my thread.

The climate is changing. Has since the start of time. Global Warming was a bunch or arse - so that's why the hippies changed to "climate change". Need to get rid of those hippies who get on bandwagons and waste our time, resources and money. These "carbon dioxide" people are going to costs all of you a sh*t load of money - with little or NO effect on the environment. Climate change is not anthopogenic. End of story.

Most of them would support a ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide without investigating what it is...

Haha, speaking of that... the majority of my school signed a petitiona gainst dumping a dangerous chemical, which could possibly kill much of the wildlife in a local river... that chemical was dihydrogen monoxide... it just so happened that the petition was passed around on April the 1st. We all learnt a lesson that day!

Haha, speaking of that... the majority of my school signed a petitiona gainst dumping a dangerous chemical, which could possibly kill much of the wildlife in a local river... that chemical was dihydrogen monoxide... it just so happened that the petition was passed around on April the 1st. We all learnt a lesson that day!

I wish the world could learn from this lesson. These "climate change", "global warming", "carbon credit/tax" idiots are going to poke us all up the bum!

It's a big scam people!!!

Going up to the plato tomorrow midday. Gona take few pix. hopes the snow is still up there. . . ..

Global "warming" - my a55. -2 last night. 3mm of ice on the roof.

The climate is changing. Has since the start of time. Global Warming was a bunch or arse - so that's why the hippies changed to "climate change". Need to get rid of those hippies who get on bandwagons and waste our time, resources and money. These "carbon dioxide" people are going to costs all of you a sh*t load of money - with little or NO effect on the environment. Climate change is not anthopogenic. End of story.

Most of them would support a ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide without investigating what it is...

Scientists agree that the climate is changing, and know that it always has and will, but they cannot agree on the cause (human or natural cycle). I have no taken a side as there is substantial evidence to back both theories.

But one way to look at the whole "global warming" thing is that if we do no reduce what we are using today there will be nothing left for future generations. There is a finite amount of resources on the earth, this is certain. Some "global warming" legislation allows for more sustainable use of these resources, continued and more sustainable use of resources will allow the human race to continue for longer, giving us more time to find a way to travel to other planets and so continue our civilization.

At the very least the whole "global warming" thing will get a few of us to stop polluting as much as we are. Which will be good for the ecosystem.

Scientists agree that the climate is changing, and know that it always has and will, but they cannot agree on the cause (human or natural cycle). I have no taken a side as there is substantial evidence to back both theories.

But one way to look at the whole "global warming" thing is that if we do no reduce what we are using today there will be nothing left for future generations. There is a finite amount of resources on the earth, this is certain. Some "global warming" legislation allows for more sustainable use of these resources, continued and more sustainable use of resources will allow the human race to continue for longer, giving us more time to find a way to travel to other planets and so continue our civilization.

At the very least the whole "global warming" thing will get a few of us to stop polluting as much as we are. Which will be good for the ecosystem.

Agreed. I also have no certain view either way BUT from documentation of the subject there would seem to be an accelerating demise of the northern ice cap area (for one) & in reality our rapid growth in industrialisation (in climate changing terms) is very recent history - last 100 yrs or so.

It is realitively unknown (to me anyway) how quickly previous climate change phases took place in comparison.

I suggest it would therefore be remiss for us to ignore what our impact in this may be having on current change phenonimin. We may well be playing with fire to ignore.

No greeny here but totally in support of pro environment practices.

We only get one chance here - if we choose to ignore & then get proven wrong in years to come....

Agreed. I also have no certain view either way BUT from documentation of the subject there would seem to be an accelerating demise of the northern ice cap area (for one) & in reality our rapid growth in industrialisation (in climate changing terms) is very recent history - last 100 yrs or so.

It is realitively unknown (to me anyway) how quickly previous climate change phases took place in comparison.

I suggest it would therefore be remiss for us to ignore what our impact in this may be having on current change phenonimin. We may well be playing with fire to ignore.

No greeny here but totally in support of pro environment practices.

We only get one chance here - if we choose to ignore & then get proven wrong in years to come....

I support some basic environmental practices - but with all the science I have read, we now have a massive over-reaction which is going to end up causing more problems than any issues we have.

Ask NIWA why they haven't published their global warming stats for the last 6 years? Because it is going back the other way!

When the carbon trading schemes start hitting every NZer and then we start listening to the "true science" (not the sponsored by industry crap) about how it is solar that affects on our envisonment, then you will see the chance you missed...

What you are going to see with this carbon tax/credits stuff is going to be the biggest worldwide scam the world has ever seen, and I will be pointing the finger at the hippies who supported and spread the misinformation and helped it get into place...

Oh, the planet will be fine. CO2 levels back a few million years ago were 10x higher than now - and temps were the same. I bet you have never heard that piece of science before. And I suspect no-one in power will want you to either.

Far out! Is that where all of the chilly biting cold wind is coming from?!!?

Tauranga is nice and sunny this weekend ^_^. Is good to get out of Hamilton! It was foggy by 5pm in Hamilton East yesterday. What the?!?!

Amazing view!