Sign in to follow this  
grantdavis28

Fixie riders

Hey guys just finished building my fixed gear bike.

thought i would post some pics and see if there are any other fixie riders hiding in bimmersport!

Thanks Grant.

BEFORE

Posted Image

AFTER

Posted Image

More pics

post-3708-1243131029_thumb.jpgpost-3708-1243131008_thumb.jpg

Edited by SLAY

would it not be cheaper just to get another bike?

Do we draw a distinction between being a fixie rider and owner? No time to ride mine for at least a year.

I have two - a '70s Holdsworth track bike, Sugino 165mm track cranks, carbon fork, front brake only (no mounting boss for a rear brake!). Wheels are Mavic open pros on Phil Wood hubs. 48x16, fixed only. I swap between Nitto bullhorns and some random road drop bars which are much nicer to actually ride with but don't look so cool. Also have track bar kicking around but that's horrible to ride on the street. Have had this for about 5 years (before it became cool!).

The second is an NZ made Bosomworth which is about 20-25 years old. Paint average - I am going to paintstripper it at some stage as it is nickel plated underneath. It has the Shimano 600 cranks and brakes it came with, and deep dish wheels I built myself. Quite proud of that bit. 42x15 fixed or 42x16 free. Built this about 18 months ago and have sadly hardly ridden it.

No pics - too lazy.

(edit) James - that's not the point at all... A decent vtec Honda Civic is much faster than an E30... and cheaper.

Edited by CamB

thats not what i was trying to say, metaphorically speaking, i meant is it cheaper to buy anther e30 than doing up your current one? i do remember bike tires ect only costing $10 each, i was asking a genuine question

I used to be into bikes till i snapped my mountain bike in half by doing a stupid thing at the time, i decided to do a drop off a 2 story building.........didn't break any bones, just all my joints swelled up :( couldent walk properly for weeks.

Mines not a fixie...but I love road cycling.

Here is my other baby (the e30 gets jealous sometimes sadly)

Also have this..but its in a million pieces after I broke it at http://www.karapoti.co.nz/

post-3292-1243134330_thumb.jpg

post-3292-1243137276_thumb.jpg

Edited by Forrest

Jamez- it's alot more fun to build your own e30 than buy an already done up one :-)

Just like cars it's all abit of fun!!

Fixies are great, I rode one for the first time the other day. An amazing ride. As for me I ride something different. These are mine.....

post-1699-1243136917_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1243136930_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1243136955_thumb.jpg

that soft tail looks sick, makes me want to get back into riding :( bimmersport bike cruise anyone? :P

Im keen for some bike cruise action. Edited my other post. Rolled the other beast out/dug out some schnaps.

Wow - I haven't ridden a fixed wheel for 15 years...

Haven't come across Bosomworth for many years either. They were one sweet frame in the early 90's. You can never go past a good steel hard tail - there is nothing else like it. ;)

Bimmersport bike cruise? As long as it's off road and not downhill or 4 cross.....

Guest Ari Gold

Gotta get my bike out again, I used to build mtb tracks at hunua and hollywoodhill as part of the development crew out there.

Edited by Ari Gold

You can never go past a good steel hard tail - there is nothing else like it. ;)

Bimmersport bike cruise? As long as it's off road and not downhill or 4 cross.....

That is sooo true!

Bimmersport bike cruise is a awesome idea, as long as there is some downhill/jumps :D

08 StumpJumper Comp. Had it about 6 months and done almost 1000k on it!

Pic from back when it was new and somewhat cleaner than now.

I have upgraded to clip pedals since then. There is a definite lack of clips in this thread.

post-2310-1243144339_thumb.jpg

^ Clips are so much win, both my bikes crank em, makes you sooo much more efficent. Execpt when riding a mtb up a ludicrous gradient, wind catches you and you fall off still connected to the bike :wacko:

^ Clips are so much win, both my bikes crank em, makes you sooo much more efficent. Execpt when riding a mtb up a ludicrous gradient, wind catches you and you fall off still connected to the bike :wacko:

Erm, change your gears down? Learn to unclip fast?

I love my clips, so awesome for everything.

^ Um oh it's called riding up clay hills at the end of the hardest race in the southern hemisphere, exhausted after 4 hours of hell haha, I threw a link up of the race in one of my previous posts, one of the most ruthless races ever.

Would recommend it to any MTB lovers, but yes your advice is taken :D

Clips = FTL

Flats = Foot out round the corner sideways fun!!!

sweet rides, seen you round frankton jason on the white one, sweet jump bike, used to have a hardtail then went to full suspension for DH (avanti manic, then Norco)

used to freeride alot and downhill, but now doing the complete opposite and road cycling.

Forrest ,im Jealous

round taupo race, AMPED!

Agreed clips are the sh*t.

Edited by Chase.t

Flats = Foot out round the corner sideways fun!!!

Intense sideways fun!

I rock a Iron Horse. Nice bike.

Will post a actual pic once I sort my cam out. But is as pic but grey.

Posted Image

^ I'll see you on the start line at Taupo :D

Ha for sure, 1st race was the 100kflyer was a buzz.

BTW mint do up on the fixed buddy!

Iron Horses are the sh*t Nick, nice work, I don't have the gonads to ride downhill/freeride :( give me endurance racing anyday.

That Ironhorse is nice :D

OP - sorry for the Hi-Jack! Your fixie has come out looking real nice too btw

Edit: Does anyone on here go to the peacockes road dirt jumps in hamilton?

Edited by SIR E30

Erm, change your gears down?

What are these gears you speak of? (trying to drag it back on topic).

This bike whore also has a singlespeed mtb. I didn't mention it earlier as its not fixed, LOL.

It is steel though :) KHS converted to track dropouts.