Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

e30 325i mufflers

My exhaust droops a bit since i got the headers welded to the stock centre, and im also looking to replace the centre muffler and rear, but i dont really want a loud exhaust.

I was thinking of replacing the centre with 2 resonators, but im nt sure what to do with the rear muffler. I want the performance but not the noise, although a nice rumble would be good.

Any info would be appreciated.

Be careful with the correct setup, m20s a bloody noisy buggers even with factory exhausts. Also theres not a huge amount you can gain from changing the exhaust to a performance one, more often than not people lose torque and power and just make them louder

I wouldn't go over 2.5inch if your doing a single system. A 2 1/4 will be enough unless your racing. Run a decent center muffler and a performance rear

The standard twin exhaust is pretty dam good for flow and noise in my opinion

Yeah i agree, stock is perfect balance for me.Ive just gone on brought 2nd hand stock mufflers because didn't want to change it, hate to think what a new one costs.

Im keeping the twin pipes, just wondering if the rear muffler restricts air flow at all, as i like the sound atm. Will running twin resonators, instead of the standard centre, make it sound any louder?