Sign in to follow this  
CRZYSAM

more advice...

Hey guys,

Im trying to sell my 1993 BMW 318is but I keep getting timewasters turning up just for a look/drive.

I think the price is really good considering the condition, extras etc.Im selling it for $13900 ono do u think the price is too high?

Heres a pic

post-11-1100150267.jpg

Maybe you are asking a little too much for it (but I am saying this without seeing it in person...so this is just a slightly uninformed opinion).

I had a look on autopoint and trademe, and even at dealers earlier (92- 94ish) E36 318is's are going for around 11,000 - 12,000.

Thats not saying that yours isn't worth $13,800 (as I say, I haven't seen it in person).

If selling it for less than $13,800 or so means you are going to lose too much on it, maybe you should think about keeping it. It is a good looking car.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers

Dont mean to be nosey but how much did you pay for your wheels?

There is a set on Trade Me that i've been watching, come with Dunlop Eagle F1 tyres (17''s) wants $1600 for them...

i dunno, its a big car and its got a small engine, most people like to move quick and will pay the cash when they find something, that moves fast, looks good, and the price is right. just like how homy likes his women....

maybe drop the price, or talk to the people that decline and ask them reasons why they aint to keen and adjust from there

This is not necessarly accurate but i think there under the mindset that

1. Its a 93 so therefore it should be worth less

2. Its only a 2 door, most people if they were gonna spend that much on a car would try for 4 door as its more of a personal car than a family car.

3. Extras are never worth what you paid for them on top of hte cars actual value. Some people would rather have extras to there own personal taste (although your setup rox!)

4. Some of these people may not understand what is meant by iS and compare it with the standard I. Explain it to them, with big words lol.

Edited by E30stz

If you want to calculate what it is worth, take what you paid for it and drop 20% the first year, and 10% thereafter. Unless you have something truly rare, prices drop like crazy (pardon the pun).

If you are happy with your car, I'd stick with it, and certainly wouldn't go retro for the sake of it.