Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

Diff. 3.46 LSD but need 3.15 or higher....

Hi everyone,

So i have recently just checked the ratios of the trans im using in my v8.. and the fifth gear is dam 1:1 <_<

I would like to have a 3.15 3.05 or a 2.94. Firstly is there anyone that has one of these ratios LSD medium case that they would look at swapping? Mines a 3.46 lsd.

Or the other option is to but a med case diff and swap the lsd parts into it...big job?

Lastly... does anyone have one of the above ratio diffs they wanna sell to me haha?

Cheers guys

Guest FrantiC

Get yourself a e28 diff from a 525e, Should be a 2.93. Swap the LSD center from your 3.64, rear cover and flanges and your set..

Swapping centers is easy DIY, But I would recommend you get it setup and swapped properlly, You could disassemble by yourself maybe save you a few bucks in labour.

A 2.93 would be my pick, most of the guys on e30de and e30talk use that. I had Graham at DHC motorsport swap mine over, cost me about $450 from memory, he had a 3.24 in stock and wanted my ratio. I think from memory he had a 2.93 and a 3.15 in stock as well.

A 2.93 would be my pick, most of the guys on e30de and e30talk use that. I had Graham at DHC motorsport swap mine over, cost me about $450 from memory, he had a 3.24 in stock and wanted my ratio. I think from memory he had a 2.93 and a 3.15 in stock as well.

Sweet thanks mate, i will pop over and see him.

Where is he located these days?

Sweet thanks mate, i will pop over and see him.

Where is he located these days?

I mean DCH Motorsport :) hes over sockburn way

Graham Clyde 033483189

Ive just done a bit more researh mate and you definitely want a 2.93, with a 3.25 you will be changing cogs to often. Even a 2.79 would be good, but she will boogy with a 2.93

Edited by Riley

Ive just done a bit more researh mate and you definitely want a 2.93, with a 3.25 you will be changing cogs to often. Even a 2.79 would be good, but she will boogy with a 2.93

Thanks mate, yeah i have came to the same conclusion, i just need to find one! I really want that boogy as you say lol.

Hi everyone,

So i have recently just checked the ratios of the trans im using in my v8.. and the fifth gear is dam 1:1 <_<

I would like to have a 3.15 3.05 or a 2.94. Firstly is there anyone that has one of these ratios LSD medium case that they would look at swapping? Mines a 3.46 lsd.

Or the other option is to but a med case diff and swap the lsd parts into it...big job?

Lastly... does anyone have one of the above ratio diffs they wanna sell to me haha?

Cheers guys

Hi Sammy J,

did you get this sorted ? what ratio did you end up with and what did you think?

and if not I can help with a couple of options, KB.

Hi Sammy J,

did you get this sorted ? what ratio did you end up with and what did you think?

and if not I can help with a couple of options, KB.

Its not sorted yet but i think i will go with a 2.93. what options do you have mate?

cheers

Have 2.93 525e if any use to you..

Regards Ray

Its not sorted yet but i think i will go with a 2.93. what options do you have mate?

cheers

I've got a 3.15 in a med crown and pinion, but I also have a 3.07 in another option, give a bell at work tomorrow and I give you a couple of idea's , Kayne 09 441 4994

Have 2.93 525e if any use to you..

Regards Ray

Hi Ray,

that would be an easy conversion for Sammy J not too much $$, this a e30 we're talking about here aye? KB.

Hi Ray,

that would be an easy conversion for Sammy J not too much $$, this a e30 we're talking about here aye? KB.

hi Kayne,

LSD center from 3.64, rear cover and flanges swapped over. Easy....