Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

Battery for an E39 540i

Hey all,

I'm in need of a new battery i think. On two occasions where the interior or boot light has been on for longer than 10 mins when the car hasnt been started for a while, and I go to start the car, it will not start. I get the jumper leads out and then all is well again. I've also noticed that when the heater is on while the car is idling at the lights for eg, i rev the engine while in neutral. As soon as the revs rise, the heater gets 'stronger' as well as all the lights on the dash board, including headlights.. this to me sounds like a weak battery. I had a look at the battery and it is a genuine bmw item which looks to be the original one from 1999! If this is the case, then that was a good battery!

Anywho, can anyone suggest a good place to get a replacement battery for a good price?

Haha, the one I replaced in my 323 was the original battery from '99. It only gave up becasue the last owners forgot to top it up at all and it went dry. Very good batteries OEM are. Thats why I replaced it with another OEM one.

Hey all,

I'm in need of a new battery i think. On two occasions where the interior or boot light has been on for longer than 10 mins when the car hasnt been started for a while, and I go to start the car, it will not start. I get the jumper leads out and then all is well again. I've also noticed that when the heater is on while the car is idling at the lights for eg, i rev the engine while in neutral. As soon as the revs rise, the heater gets 'stronger' as well as all the lights on the dash board, including headlights.. this to me sounds like a weak battery. I had a look at the battery and it is a genuine bmw item which looks to be the original one from 1999! If this is the case, then that was a good battery!

Anywho, can anyone suggest a good place to get a replacement battery for a good price?

Where abouts are you situated ???.... I can do one if you are in Auckland