Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Changing a Diff in my E36

Hey all,

Beamers broken yes but I am fixing it tomorrow!! does anyone have any info on how to take the diff out and put it back in? yes im going to attempt to do this :P if anyone has any free time feel free to give me a hand :lol:

I am pretty sure its a diff , makes a REALLY loud flat tire sound when you go over 5O kms :mellow:

Any links to websites or any information at all would be appreciated!

Thank you :D

Livi ^_^

could be driveshaft hanger bearing , diffs dont normally give much trouble unless you have been doing some smoking with it

could be driveshaft hanger bearing , diffs dont normally give much trouble unless you have been doing some smoking with it

In that case itl prob be the diff...

Don't let your friends drive who don't respect your car!

+1 to BRS.

Nobody drives my car unless they have a vagina, and I'm really really drunk.

In that case itl prob be the diff...

Don't let your friends drive who don't respect your car!

I know ive learnt my fricken lesson thats for sure :( So yes before it started making that noise the car was doing donuts in the wet ... <_<

So from now on only Livi drives the beamer LOL but now i need to fix it so thats what my tomorrow will be about! ^_^

+1 to BRS.

Nobody drives my car unless they have a vagina.

Im not sure its wise to let a female behind the wheel son haha look at what livi did

oh pfft shoosh Ryan :P you dont want me being even more disappointed in you now do you? :P

Hey Liv, it's not all that hard. Full respect for giving it a go!!! Legend.

I started to write a how-to, but then I couldn't remember some of the tools you needed, so I did a search, and viola!

Good Luck.

UPDATE :

Wasnt the diff it turned out to be both back wheel bearings! I tried to fix it but ended up leaving it up to the boys :P did get under it and did help out but no way would i have been able to do it by myself!!

So beamers all fixed now no more humming noise! :D

Mine does the same thing. I live with it and turn the volume up on the CD player. I'll fix it one day.

if it was the diff it would have been easy as to change. may have destroyed the spider gears in mine doing a wee skid or a massive one but thats not the point haha. took me like 20 mins to drop the old one and put my new 1 in.hardest part was tryna hold it in place and bolt it up at the same time