Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

Angel Eyes For E36

I know the whole angel eyes thing has been done to death on here but I would really like some help on what is the best brand/type to get.

After doing a bit of research it looks like Umnitza might be the best brand to go for, correct?

Have been on their site and found there are a number of different options available ranging in price but im unsure what to go for.

What im after is a quality product, not cheap $100 trade me rubbish thats not going to wear out or look like crap in no time. I really want to get as close to an OEM look as possible.

If anyone has any advice or photos of their angel eyes I would be keen to see how they turned out.

BTW the car is a 95 E36 318is.

Cheers

Brett

Someone else actually looking for quality angel eyes!

I'm getting some in for my birthday. Won't put sh*t on my car, will only consider Umnitza.

I have put a lot of time in for research. I'm kinda split between the Chromium and the Orion.

The orion you would only go for the Version 2 as it has 60 LED's compared to the V 1's 30. The V 1 is good if you want the Audi LED look, as seen on the R8.

The things putting me off the chromium are the need for ballasts. The Orion don't need ballasts at all. Also the chromium sound like old technology to me. Orion look brighter at day time in comparisons.

These are the two to choose between:

Chromium

Orion

What ever you do, don't go wireless. Only heard bad things about it.

Atm, I'm pretty much set on the Orion Version 2. Standard 6000K.

Very good thread to read through on M3forum HERE. Spent a lot of time looking through there.

The best advise I can offer on choosing is to put in some time and look at the differences between them youself. The Orion can either be a love or hate thing.

Hope that stuff helps somewhat.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks Nick. I was actually waiting for you response :D

By the sounds of it you have done a fair bit of research on this topic.

Im tending to sway towards the Orion V2 standard 6000k like yourself. I like the idea of not having to worry about ballasts! Liking the lifetime warrenty and the fact you dont have to sillicon the angel eyes to the light anymore.

Do our cars have Euro Ellipsoids as this is the only option for E36's.

I take it the $139.98 price is in USD? Any idea what the shipping cost is?

MAKE SURE YOU GET RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONES

American is left hand drive remember. You will have problems with the beam going the wrong way

Thanks Nick. I was actually waiting for you response :D

By the sounds of it you have done a fair bit of research on this topic.

Im tending to sway towards the Orion V2 standard 6000k like yourself. I like the idea of not having to worry about ballasts! Liking the lifetime warrenty and the fact you dont have to sillicon the angel eyes to the light anymore.

Do our cars have Euro Ellipsoids as this is the only option for E36's.

I take it the $139.98 price is in USD? Any idea what the shipping cost is?

Haha, no problem.

Lifetime warranty is a bonus. The orion's are rated at 100k hours from memory so nobodies ever gonna wear them out. But its good to have.

Thats another thing I forgot about. Chromium you have to silicone to the lens while the Orion has a sticky back. Good advancement IMO.

Cheapest shipping is $41.20. NZ $65. All prices are in USD. So all up you're looking at approx. $260 delivered. Which is a bit steep but you're getting the highest quality, best proven, best looking angel eyes on the market. That price doesn't put me off.

All markets except for America have the European Ellipsoids. The American cars have plastic lens headlights which you can't take apart hence only being able to fit them to European headlights.

MAKE SURE YOU GET RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONES

American is left hand drive remember. You will have problems with the beam going the wrong way

There is no difference.

No beam throw problems as they're just rings.

Cheers Nick, much appreciated.

Looks like ill be going for the same as you then. Seems the better option IMO.

I dont think $260 delivered to the door is all that bad. Just need that USD to rise a little more :D

nice nick you've done your research ay, im saving up some cash but we should do a group buy and save some money on shipping :D

With a group buy will there only be a discount on the postage?

If so its probably more trouble than its worth?

Yea guys. Not much point doing a group buy.

Looked into it before with Atta, but there was no discount offered unless at least 10 sets were bought. Even then the discount was negliable.

Remember, what you might save on group shipping will most probably be lost when someone in NZ has to courier them individually to everyone.

Nino, yea. Been looking into it for a long time. Never really got around to it. But all the time I've been doing research.

Also with regards to the group buy, one person has to order all the sets. This means seeing the total value of the package would exceed 1k or something like that, they would tax the entire amount. Don't know the specifics but as you said, more trouble than what its worth.

^^^ Pretty much what I thought.

Cheers for you help Nick. Gotta start saving. 50c a week into the old post office bank book should get me there by 2020 :)

No problem Brett. I'm just glad the time I've put into the research can help others!

But my info is on one condition! To post pictures when you get them and have them fitted. ;)

No problem Brett. I'm just glad the time I've put into the research can help others!

But my info is on one condition! To post pictures when you get them and have them fitted. ;)

Ha ha, no worries mate.

Going to keep an eye on the exchange rate over the next week or so.