Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

BMW E30 Coupe 1989 Ca18det 5spd (FULL CERT)

Dam guys this is a bloody cheap way to get into a quick e30. It would of cost 2x times that to get the engine in there and certed. If anyones looking at doing an engine conversion this WILL save you $$$$$$$$$

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-223033788.htm

Depends what he wants for it - significantly more than $6k based on the Q&A.

Looks like a good quality conversion, and with a cert and at the right price could be good.

keeen azzz if the price is right!

That thing would be a weapon...

Needs alot of exterior work though.

Mmm, Bet it does mean skids.

Some new rims & an iS lip and it would look all g.

Hmm, did some quick browsing and it seems that a 325i M20 engine has about the same grunt as the CA from stock. Obviously this CA will be easier to tune however I am wondering if it's really worth taking this over a nice example M325i.

Considering this guys is after the 7-8k, once the exterior mods are done I am thinking it's gonna cost a fair bit more than a very tidy example M325. Not to mention the CA will need a more attention when pushed on the track.

Then again, you are bound to turn some heads in a "sneezing" E30 :lol:

Edited by crazyarab

Id be surprised if it didn't make at least 50-70hp more in reality thought, and like you say they are allot easier to tune so more HP is bugger all $$ away

Id be surprised if it didn't make at least 50-70hp more in reality thought, and like you say they are allot easier to tune so more HP is bugger all $$ away

mmm, prob go pop in and see it on Thursday. Will flick you a text Riley.

Atta

Could buy my car for $3k and then not be out of pocket to do the exterior mods :D

buy a 325 engine I will even fit it for you !

Atta, boosting up is easy on the ca18 so if HP is a worry, that's easily changed. Mines in at NZEFI today getting tuned and 200kw should be easily attainable. All I've done is a rb20 afm, 450cc injectors and a ball bearing t28. Cost? About $500 once you sell the old bits off. If you got more questions, I'm pretty sure I've still got your number and I can help you out. If not, my mate is a nissan guru so he will put you right.

When I took my car to the track I was behind a old vauxhall with one of these engines in it.. put about 3-4 car lenghts on me down the entire straight. So, quite even stock-stock.

go the rbxxdet in a e30 bma wayyyy better. quite easy also!

Screw that, the hole idea of taking out the heavy iron block m20 and replacing it with a heavier one does not make sence to me

yea that is true, but with the doc heads, better flow, 3L block, and a sizeable turbo the power to weight is deffinatly worth it. not to mention quite cheap for after-market parts and re-builds. i have foud for the cost its a lot cheaper for the Hp / fun gains than trying to do up a m20 2.7+t

And don't forget the exhaust on the LHS.

thats what heat-wrap is for ( and lots of it! ! ! ) :D

post-1143-1244584320_thumb.jpg

Edited by ashy_aye

I see it as a positive - don't have the steering in the way.

ah yes i didnt think of that, only problem i have is i have to relocate the brake-booster, as the fluid gets extreamly hot with the turbo sitting right on it.

Those RBs certainly make some huge power pretty easy, Im a big fan and I love the sound of them to :)

Atta, boosting up is easy on the ca18 so if HP is a worry, that's easily changed. Mines in at NZEFI today getting tuned and 200kw should be easily attainable. All I've done is a rb20 afm, 450cc injectors and a ball bearing t28. Cost? About $500 once you sell the old bits off. If you got more questions, I'm pretty sure I've still got your number and I can help you out. If not, my mate is a nissan guru so he will put you right.

Cheers Gaz, will keep you posted.

The guy is getting it tuned so won't check it out till the weekend it seems.

Iv'e always looked at that plate and thought [E30DET] belongs on a big power RB30DET E30 Tech II Coupe' caged with wide as rims... dreams haha

bit OT but yeah

car looks tidy, no rangi oven tray airboxes or anything!

Atta

Could buy my car for $3k and then not be out of pocket to do the exterior mods :D

buy a 325 engine I will even fit it for you !

I am surprised no one has snapped up your car yet man, such a tidy example!

I am still keen to check it out and take it for a spin ay. I am really wanting a genuine M325i coupe or something with some grunt like this DET.

I don't think the ol 320 4 door will push the right buttons, but we can always try! As you said, it's definitely much easier on the pockets.