Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Stroking m30b35

Hi Guys

Point me in the direction if its in this forum somewhere couldn't find it.

was thinking of stroking the b35 out abit more when i do the rebuild

does anyone know whats needed , will be getting custom pistions low compression

havnt decided on what rods either m5 155mm long or the standard 145mm long im proberly off with the messurements,

I know that if you put another crank off the e21 3.3ltr i think im sure people will put me right.

let me know the options and i can do the calculations towards the project,

i know people will say flag strocking it if you are putting a turbo but during a rebuild i figure its just as cheap to replace the parts lolz

Have a chat to Marty (BM Weapon aka topcat on the forums). He's stroked his to 3.7 I think.

if you stroke you will get a bigger crank. you then need to get rods that are just as much shorter than the originals as the crank is bigger than the original.

There's not really a crank bigger which get be attained for less than say, 10 grand ahaa?

Putting a 3.3 litre crank in would be de-stroking no?

Bore it out. Would be the best option if you are getting custom pistons.

i have just the thing to do , older 3.5l block with newer 3.4L crank . make about 100cc more then do oversized custom pistons and end up with about a 3.66L

Hi Guys

does anyone know whats needed , will be getting custom pistions low compression

havnt decided on what rods either m5 155mm long or the standard 145mm long im proberly off with the messurements,

I know that if you put another crank off the e21 3.3ltr i think im sure people will put me right.

recheck 'em rod lengths, m30's are 135mm long,crank is 86mm.

yes a 3.3 crank out of a e9, is 89mm from memory.

havnt found one yet, but keen on it if someone has one. B)

i have just the thing to do , older 3.5l block with newer 3.4L crank . make about 100cc more then do oversized custom pistons and end up with about a 3.66L

correct brent, m90 block with newwer m30 crank and rods.

spend 300 odd $$ more and bore out the pots to 95mm.makes 3658cc.

could bore out more but 5mm cylinder walls is thin enough i think especially when adding boost

or stick to the older block with a short crank (80mm)+flash rods.makes round the 3.2L.

I like his combo cause it has the makes for a high rev monster

cheers m

Hi Guys

with Some ivestigation i have found that if you

Put an you guys are right i would love to be able to get the crank from a s38b38 very unlikly seems lots of people have done it have no idea where they got the parts

so you can go with Martys one - but i think the 88.4mm crank from a e23 733i might be easier to find lolz

so with boring it out to 95mm - avg 3758.01cc

to do it all right i would need to do some calculations eg. spec changing piston ratio's lolz

just seeing the power i can get that is safe and massive lolz

as we try to do cheap, powerful, reliable

Hi Guys

with Some ivestigation i have found that if you

Put an you guys are right i would love to be able to get the crank from a s38b38 very unlikly seems lots of people have done it have no idea where they got the parts

so you can go with Martys one - but i think the 88.4mm crank from a e23 733i might be easier to find lolz

so with boring it out to 95mm - avg 3758.01cc

to do it all right i would need to do some calculations eg. spec changing piston ratio's lolz

just seeing the power i can get that is safe and massive lolz

as we try to do cheap, powerful, reliable

you wont get that crank from a e23 733i or 633csi its only a 86mm crank.

you will get from a mucher older e9 3.3L from about 1974 area very rare though.

easiest one to get is teh e32 735i e34 535i 86mm crank and fit to the older 3.5L block with the 93.4mm bore then bore that out more .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

i have a couple of 86mm cranks with rods on the shelf.

plus a couple of m90/93.4 bore blocks :ph34r:

m

Thanks Guys

For all the info managed to find some part numbers for either the e9 88.4 or the 90mm crank from the s38

and you are looking if you could actually find a place selling them around 1600usd for e9 crank or 2200 90mm crank

so really just going with the 86mm crank will properly have to do for the time being

might ring bmw if i get a chance and see if they can even supply them cause when you check google etc lots of people have seem to have done it.

anyways im sure ill be back to hassle again once i get closer to the time and place of actually, just have to stop getting excited and nearly breaking it everytime i see it which is like once a month or less again