Sign in to follow this  
nutter

E34 Exhausts LOL

Hey there

I think A lot of people would have asked these questions but oh well

I have a NZ new 1991 e34 525i Manual with the M50B25 motor

I was looking at Building a custom exhaust

From what i can see there are no sensors after the or befor the cats(Not sure if theres one on the manifold) and i was wondering does any one have any Headers( Extractor)for my car

What would be the best size Tubing to uses for the exhaust 2x 2.5" from headers throw highflow cats to Muffler

Or 2-1 3" through a high flow cat to a muffler

Does my car need the Cat,What would happen if i removed it

Or does any one have a Free flow exhaust that would give my car a bit more power ?

Thanks Nutter

You could try the m52 manifolds, they arent proper extractors or anything, but probally an upgrade from the cast iron manifolds that you have.

Ditching the cat wont hurt anything except for the enviroment, but who cares anyway.

A NZ new 1991 car wouldnt have had a cat .....Exhaust mod on its own prolly wont give you any performance increase,but you may save some weight ,and have some potential if you increase the breathing of the engine.

Cats wouldnt have been available until leaded petrol was phased out which was 1996

i have these from a e39 528i .

post-279-1244836785_thumb.jpg

i have these from a e39 528i .

hey there will they Bolt on ? and how much where you wanting?

hey there will they Bolt on ? and how much where you wanting?

$200

they will bolt up to the head , but you will have to sort out bottomend of them to fit to a e34 exhaust system also have front exhaust system that bolts up to these but not sure if any use in a e34

Hey there when you say 'primary ID,secondary ID" what areyou meaning sorry really new to doing After market modes

when you say '35 mm " are you meaning the tubing thickness used to make the headers? are they REALLY hard to make or is it just a simple all tubes need to be equal and no sharp turns so its got a balenced FLOW ?and maybe is there some one that could help me make the headers and exhaust or make them for me at a Cheapish :P Price lOL

The Exhuast After the headers i can Weld up and make as i have done it a few times for my NISSAN DRIFTERS(cefiros) lol i just need some one that know what they are on about with the Headers to help or to pay to do it

Thanks Gareth

Ring STA (09) 2561120

They had some LHD headers in stock [ going cheap but need a cut'n'shut ]

or they can get the correct fit for you