Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Beamer nearly took its last breath Friday Night

Hurro everyone , been a while since Livi has posted!! been a bit busy! :P

So Friday night was my day of bad luck!! I dont set my alarm so im late as for work!! then go to town and on my way out of the parking lot at 3am the stupid lever pole thing gets slammed on my car by the operator grrrrrrrr

But the worst part of the night was heading home on the southern motorway , come around a corner at 1OOkm's and there is a guy walking in the middle of my lane coming towards me! I swerve into the middle lane start drifting to the left then i swing it to the right and then lose control end up spinning out barely missing the barrier and landing not even a meter away from the barrier.

I think i sat in my car for about a min to actually realise i was ok! Guy disappeared and I called the cops , not sure if they caught him.

But lets just say i was thanking my life!!! <_<

Didnt hit the barrier but i could put my window down and touch it , such a scary experiance never ever has that ever happened to me!! <_<

Could of ended so much worse , i braced myself for impact when i went into the spin!!

I think he means the lever pole, Seems to be alot of accidents occouring to bimmer owners

Glad your ok

Edited by jordy

Oooo! just a minor scratch but still , if it had expensive paint or wasnt my run around car i would of made a huge deal out of it but at 3am i was ready to go home and couldnt be stuffed argueing , my mate got his name etc though.

Hah yea your right Jordy I meant the lever thingy :P accidents are probably happening to more bimmer owners due to the reason that there are just that many more on the road now at a guess?

Some evil out there causing them, Everyone seems to be having accidents lol.

Horrible wake up call aye! Will never forget my spin out 4 years ago! Embedded for life!

Had a couple of close calls myself :rolleyes: kurbs and rims dont go down too well.... nor do wires behind your motor being crushed lol :P

^^ lol same

nor do trying to see how fast you can go round your rural narrow road and loosing it in the dark with your parents coming round the corner after you to you facing the other way while the smoke clears.

orr pushing it in the wet 3rd gear left hander up Mount Messenger....baacckkwarddss :ph34r: learnt.

^^ lol same

nor do trying to see how fast you can go round your rural narrow road and loosing it in the dark with your parents coming round the corner after you to you facing the other way while the smoke clears.

orr pushing it in the wet 3rd gear left hander up Mount Messenger....baacckkwarddss :ph34r: learnt.

Lol Blair! One would hope that you would learn from the first time :P I think your car needs some descent suspension revision. When were ur sway bar and trailing arm bushes last done? Prob never... also your rear tyres arnt the widest.

everyone been's having a hard time lately, think its the swine flu :P

Livi, you were fortunate that it was a non-contact spin.

I was coming home tonight in a 70kph area just after dark (6:15pm) when a guy in a late model XR8 pulled out of a side road straight in front of me. The road was wet, and I slid into the XR8's right front corner with the front of my car. I was in my ancient Subaru Legacy wagon, and it's buggered.

Crumple zones are a wonderful thing.

It's my first "serious" car accident in 35 years. I'm grateful that there were no injuries, but equally p!ssed off at the cost of replacing my car. It had an intergalactic mileage (381,000km) but still a pleasure to drive. I had just picked it up from a local garage after getting a new clutch fitted. Did i mention that I'm p!ssed off?

It was worth nothing to sell, but the cost & inconvenience of replacing it is keeping me awake with frustration right now. It was registered & WOF'ed but I only had 3rd party, fire & theft cover, so I'm expecting a bunfight with the other guy's insurance company. I am struggling to express how p!ssed off I'm feeling right now.

Once again Livi, you can be thankful that you didn't hit anything.

Damn Pedestrians.... Good thing you're unharmed, and your Bimmer :)

I had some Pedestrian walk infront of me at night, so he was damn near impossible to spot... A passenger in the car said he was "pretending to hold a rifle, and shoot the cadbury factory" i had to swerve into empty parks... He damn near saw a ghost when he heard the horn :).... after that he was pretending to shoot me with his invisible rifle....

but, how i got my E30, was insurance pay out from when some 17 year old failed to give-way and ended up in the ass of my camry at 60kph :0 but that's a story for another day.

Edited by antil33t

Must be swine flu..

Epic fail on my driving coming home from a crap night at work last night.. while choosing a song and working my way through the car park I managed to hit a curb with my front wheel which took a chunk of rubber off the tyre which then went flat... To make it worse the rain started pissing down and I couldnt find my adaptor for the unusual nuts that are holding my wheels on... <_<

On the bright side I've decided I may switch to 17" wheels similar to my spare (stock 16") 'cause i'm liking the look of my spare more and more each time I look at it. B)

Could of ended so much worse , i braced myself for impact when i went into the spin!!

You know not to brace yourself with your feet pressed against the floorboards right? Espisally in frontal accidents as depending on the force you can break your ankles. Also becarefully with the steering wheel if during the crash you catch a front tyre the sudden turning of the steering gwheel has been known to break peoples thumbs as the inner part turns quickly and catches them in it spin.

You know not to brace yourself with your feet pressed against the floorboards right? Espisally in frontal accidents as depending on the force you can break your ankles. Also becarefully with the steering wheel if during the crash you catch a front tyre the sudden turning of the steering gwheel has been known to break peoples thumbs as the inner part turns quickly and catches them in it spin.

Wish I knew that on Friday! :P but that was my first instinct after i knew i couldnt do anything about what was happening! :( Hopefully there wont be a next time but I will remember that!!

I do wonder if that guy was so pissed how the heck he disappeared so quick! after I had spun out he was gone! <_< Least I didnt hit him , that would of been even worse I think then writing the beamer off!

lol get an E32 7 series, wouldn't need to swerve ;)

My fail driving took out a barrier, and after that the car still started so I could reverse it off the motorway, what a TANK,sucks that I had not so great tyres in the wet <_<

Least I didnt hit him , that would of been even worse I think then writing the beamer off!

AHA! That would be sick! I'd hate to hit anyone or even witness somebody getting hit, seen aftermath on those tv programmes and thats enough to make you hurl, especially that aussie one when the learner driver ran up along a busy sidewalk, all caught on a bank video camera!

Ouch sorry ot hear that Livi!

I did get your text just after it happend but I was far too drunk to text back.

Glad to hear you walked away unscaved. as for the parking lady, back hand that lady

Edited by *Glenn*

It was a man! stoopid man! and stoopid lever i dislike levers now!

yea I gathered youd be a bit drunk :-P obviously it wasnt the BMW's time to go yet! and hopefully wont be for a long time!

BMW is still alive and kicking :-P and after that incident the back light for my air con unit etc started working too! think the BMW has been re born! lol

BMW is still alive and kicking :-P and after that incident the back light for my air con unit etc started working too! think the BMW has been re born! lol

How about your door electrics on your front passenger. :P

It was a man! stoopid man! and stoopid lever i dislike levers now!

yea I gathered youd be a bit drunk :-P obviously it wasnt the BMW's time to go yet! and hopefully wont be for a long time!

Did ya diff fix itself too?

oooo you reminded me to update that thread! lol

Wasnt diff it was my two back wheels bearings :P got it fixed 2 weekends ago!!

And passenger door electrics are disconnected chick as that little plastic clip is broken!

its must be a bad time for bmw's, i was driving down the motorway 2nite to go and pickup a bonnet for the 535, and there was a bmw smashed up on the motorway. it looked like it cliped the wall pretty fast.