Sign in to follow this  
d3l33t1ngurthr34ds

Baby Car Seats in an E30 coupe?

I have a question, has any body managed to easily get a carseat in to an E30 coupe? I reckon it's possible but basically want to know if it's too much of a mission or not.

If it is I may have to buy a four door... darn.

You mean a toddlers fixed seat? I haven't but am curious. Was hoping to find an ISOFIX bolt, but couldn't.

You mean a toddlers fixed seat? I haven't but am curious. Was hoping to find an ISOFIX bolt, but couldn't.

I was actually meaning like a new born's one. My partner has helpfully suggests if I can fit one in the E30 he'll swap me my coupe for his honda. so someone PLEASE TELL ME I CAN GET A CARSEAT IN THE E30!!!!

You can get baby seats in the e30 but you wont find any isofix bolts, they werent standard until 2001 I think !

Our kids seats are all fixed by the seat belt, Ive never bolted one in so I dont know if there is something on the rear shelf that you get to to by cutting through the cardboard.

The only problem you will have is breaking your back to get the kid in and out. Its bloody hard work in a coupe.

Guest Simon*

Your best bet is to try and fit the newborn rear facing capsule in the front passenger seat. That will have the most room (and with no airbag is perfectly legal). Nevermind the existence of isofix points for now, but actually fitting a baby capsule in the rear seat of an E30 coupe (especially the ones that clip into a plastic base) will be very difficult. I know from experience that even to fit one into the back seat of a WRX we had to position it in the middle to wedge between the front seats as it was quite long. Finding an appropriate anchor point for the long strap is not difficult, and the base is clipped into whichever seatbelt the capsule is in.

Hope this helps :)

When I bought my E30 (4doors though), there was a Baby's carseat in it, you'd need one that attaches using seatbelts (his was)

Edited by antil33t

Not sure if this is what you mean, But there is in all e30 2 and 4 door cars 2 threaded holes in the rear parcel shelf that are there for car seat anchor pionts.

Have 2 fitted and used in my partners car.

Hope this helps

there are lots of diffrent car seats styles and types. if you go to somewhere like baby city or where-ever and try the diffrent styles. there will be one that will fit, thats what we did for our cars.

worst case, you have the baby in the front seat and mrs in the back. :o

Edited by Cress

Not sure if this is what you mean, But there is in all e30 2 and 4 door cars 2 threaded holes in the rear parcel shelf that are there for car seat anchor pionts.

Have 2 fitted and used in my partners car.

Hope this helps

Perfect, thought there was something somewhere. We used a new born capsule in the front of the E30, it's absolutely fine, just whip the belt through (properly) and you're away.

Take it the bolts are under the trm somewhere Hartage?

^^

Just lift the rear tray out and they are centerd behind rear head rest if you have them, or center of the seat on each side.

Thanks so much!

I didn't wanna have to go through the pain of giving birth and then having to drive a honda!

Now to find a midwife... if only this was as easy as asking on a car forum haha!

Cheers!

Now to find a midwife... if only this was as easy as asking on a car forum haha!

I can totally recommend ours if you fancy a home birth !

You can have the bolts fitted to the car. 90% of jap imported cars do not have them, so they are fitted when required in NZ.

I work for a rental car company, most of our fleet are jap imports and the bolts just bolt in.

^^

Just lift the rear tray out and they are centerd behind rear head rest if you have them, or center of the seat on each side.

My Auntie is a midwife, Lives in Dunedin though.

Hmmn. I have largeish factory speakers there, with no room for a hole/bolt to be used. There is a black plastic triangle (about 50-75mm) on the shelf, I have no idea what that is for?

It's a tidy for the seat belt end.

It's a tidy for the seat belt end.

Really? How does that make it tidy sitting in the middle of the parcel shelf? For the lap belt?

The long side of the centre belt goes straight up to it and clips in, keeps it off the seat.

Cheers. learn something new everyday.