Sign in to follow this  
nutter

e34 M50B25 Cams

Hey there i have my Headers beeing Made up at the Moment Just letting you all know but i have heard something thats has got my attention

Apperently my M50 2.5L dohc cams can be replaced with the ones from a M3 1994?(please correct me if it wrong)

I was wondering if this is possible,do you get Much of a power gain,is it a straight swap,do i need new values or what will i need?

Or what cams(M3,Hot cams?,aftermarket) would be best to use to get a good boost in KW and torque for my motor if there is any?

Thanks Nutter

yes they can be fitted , if you do , get the ecu remaped to suit.

also while you are at it fit a m52B28 2.8L crankshaft and rods and lighter m52 pistons

Just be careful - its USA M3 cams, not Euro M3 cams. I have also seen Schrick and "Sunbelt" associated with M50 cams.

Its a lotta money for not a lot of gain?

So in Cold air box and header and exhaust would be best bang for buck to improve acceleration in my bmw ?

Im really just looking for a faster off the line speed as a top speed of 230kmh is fine by me at this point as i dont offten go that fast any more

If any ones Knows a good way to spend 3g on making my bmw fast off the line please help

i have v8 brakes all ready they look like they might fit with the 2.5 disc is this right or do i need the v8 discs?

thanks nutter

Edited by nutterbutter

^ Power to weight is the key to acceleration, you can have all the hp in the world but you still got a lard ass car to haul.

E34's are heavy. You wana get off the line faster take some weight out of the car. It is a 'free' mod too.

hey there my bmw weighted around 1500kg when i took it to the last rubbish dump lol HAHAHAHAH ^_^

but yeah thats still heavyer than a e30 yeah i was wanting to strip it but wheres most of the weight in the interior?

lol

Edited by nutterbutter

Guest Simon*

If any ones Knows a good way to spend 3g on making my bmw fast off the line please help

Drop an M30 in it

e30 with a towbar

Why dont you just buy a 535i??? More tourqe and more power... Removeing weight from the car will make a difference too and it doesnt cost anything :P

FAR out you guys love your M30s lol BUT I LOVE DOHC lol and my M50,

I dont really want wasted a good engine

Does any one have a M30B35 with loom and computer(Manual Computer if theres a differene)for a good Price

And will My gearbox fit on a M30?

What gear box? and dif ratio would be best to use?

thanks Gareth just looking at my options lol ive done a RB20e to a RB30e engine swap to a Cefiro would this be simlar type of hassle,i mean will it just drop in or will i need to chenge to engine bay around?

^ There was a rear damaged complete 535i on trademe last week for 500$ dabbled in the thought of buying it for a m30 e30. It is probably still on there.

have all the bits . or maybe fit a supercharger to your m50

have all the bits . or maybe fit a supercharger to your m50

YES THATS MY ULTIMATE GOAL iw ould spend big dollars and time on super charging my m50 the only thing is im very noob at it and theres not alot of part that can just be bought well thats what im told

theres a few rotex kits but they pretty pricy and they are for the LHD

How much for all the parts to get my Baby a 3.5lsohc Manual?

and do you know what super charger i should use or what is involved with super charging

\

thanks Gareth

Hey there i have my Headers beeing Made up at the Moment Just letting you all know but i have heard something thats has got my attention

Apperently my M50 2.5L dohc cams can be replaced with the ones from a M3 1994?(please correct me if it wrong)

I was wondering if this is possible,do you get Much of a power gain,is it a straight swap,do i need new values or what will i need?

Or what cams(M3,Hot cams?,aftermarket) would be best to use to get a good boost in KW and torque for my motor if there is any?

Thanks Nutter

What I have been told you can do, and what i want to do to my M50 is this. By the way mine is vanos. You get your inlet cam reground ( might cost a few hundy ) and get the INLET cam from a non-vanos m50 and put it on the exhaust side of a vanos m50. I am still doing research on it, but from what I have read that is the best idea, and cheaper than finding US S50 cams..

So in Cold air box and header and exhaust would be best bang for buck to improve acceleration in my bmw ?

Im really just looking for a faster off the line speed as a top speed of 230kmh is fine by me at this point as i dont offten go that fast any more

i have v8 brakes all ready they look like they might fit with the 2.5 disc is this right or do i need the v8 discs?

thanks nutter

Your car already has a cold air box, even with headers you wouldn't notice the diff in 0-100k time, the 2.5ltr engine wouldn't make as much torque as my M30b35 at 2000rpm.

If you want the quicker times change the diff.