Sign in to follow this  
AzonicNick

e36 OBC Upgrade

Hey all,

Have been looking at a few e36s around the place and cant help but want a upgraded OBC/Check Control

Below is a pic of what Ive got currently, in a nz new 95 328i. I know I prob wont get all the features out of a M3 one (and they are very rare apparently) but wouldnt mind one of the later version models.

Whats the chances of something with more features being a simple plug-n-play? Dont really want to have to go fitting all sorts of sensors but wouldnt mind some simple features like range and stuff.

Who is the person to talk to? Anybody done something similar? google brings up a few results but not much.

Nick

post-1667-1246055069_thumb.jpg

Yup you can upgrade to the 18 button version, I looked at doing it myself but decied it was way to involved for me.

Look here for the detailed instructions

>>Clicky me <<

Yup you can upgrade to the 18 button version, I looked at doing it myself but decied it was way to involved for me.

Look here for the detailed instructions

>>Clicky me <<

Damn that looks like a bit too much work for me, im not very mechanically minded ha.

Does a 11 button version like this swap straight in? Although it doesnt have many more features by looking at it.

Posted Image

yes they fit , did one like that into my 325i . just have to fit a temp sensor up the front of the car , inside the left brake duct pipe.

and run a 2 wires back to the obc .

pretty straight forward .

Im jelous My little wagon dont even got one of them there new fangled computer in the dash thingy's

Hey all,

Have been looking at a few e36s around the place and cant help but want a upgraded OBC/Check Control

Below is a pic of what Ive got currently, in a nz new 95 328i. I know I prob wont get all the features out of a M3 one (and they are very rare apparently) but wouldnt mind one of the later version models.

Whats the chances of something with more features being a simple plug-n-play? Dont really want to have to go fitting all sorts of sensors but wouldnt mind some simple features like range and stuff.

Who is the person to talk to? Anybody done something similar? google brings up a few results but not much.

Nick

Hi, I fitted an 18 button OBC to my 01/1996 323i coupe in place of the 11 button unit that was there. I downloaded a set of instructions from bimmerforums.com, planned it all out, did all the prep work first, then completed the whole job in half a day. I also fitted the correct indicator lever that had the push-in end for changing functions. Was handy having my son (auto electrician apprentice) to help me, but the job was a hell of a lot easier than what I thought it would be. Got the 18 button OBC and the indicator lever from e-bay in the States. I have seen a couple on Trademe in the last 6 months, starting price about $150 or $180 or so..........Cheers, Chris

dont bother Nick, just buy an M3, they are getting cheap enough....

dont bother Nick, just buy an M3, they are getting cheap enough....

Good plan Nigel :D maybe in 6 months to a year.

I think im going to pass on this mod at the moment.