Sign in to follow this  
Guner

Guard Height - Front vs Back

My front guards on my e46 are several cms higher off the tyres than the back - is this normal or a sign my rear shocks are getting tired?

Only reason I'm putting this up here is it looks a bit whack - would look better lower at the front.

Thoughts anyone?

Go get it looked at by Autolign or Stocks. They deal with a heap of Bimmersport people. And actually know what the hell they are talking about. Not like some other shock places I have been to.

Have you got any aftermarket springs or shocks in the car? Stock springs wont sag. But some other brands like Jamex and King Springs can sag a huge amount. Worn shocks will also make your car sit uneven.

Please guys, the guy wants some real advice, not you're half-witted attempts at humour! I've deleted them.

Post up the measurements for front and rear taken from the centre of the wheel to the lip of the guard.

My old car was like this, turns out both rear shocks were screwed.

(this car was stock) (was a 99' Mitsi Lancer)

Good idea to get it checked.

Please guys, the guy wants some real advice, not you're half-witted attempts at humour! I've deleted them.

Post up the measurements for front and rear taken from the centre of the wheel to the lip of the guard.

Interesting - I hadn't actually measured em before.

It's only the diff of two cms (RH Rear 36cm RH Front 38 - LH Rear 37cm LH Front 38)

But visually it looks like more.

If you floor it, the front lifts a bit, not too bad tho - is this normal for stock shocks?

I've been told almost all BMWs have a "natural lean" when it's driver-less, to compensate for the driver weight when there's someone in there. Don't know how true this is though.

Interesting - I hadn't actually measured em before.

It's only the diff of two cms (RH Rear 36cm RH Front 38 - LH Rear 37cm LH Front 38)

But visually it looks like more.

If you floor it, the front lifts a bit, not too bad tho - is this normal for stock shocks?

Sounds like they are worn out mate.

Sounds like they are worn out mate.

Bother - yeah, you're probably right.