Sign in to follow this  
pjay

BMW transponder Keys

Hey guys,

Simple question. Can anyone in NZ code Blank uncut/uncoded EWS BMW keys?

I have had confirmation that dealerships are a no-go and have called various larger locksmiths and its still a no-no.

A BMW key has 3 x Security Systems on it.

Mechanical Security - Can sort this.

Infrared or Wireless Central Unlocking - Not necessary.

[c]Transponder for Immobiliser - Stuck here.

[/c]The electronic transponder on the key has a unique serial number. Your BMW can have, in its lifetime, up to 12 transponders synced with it. 4 are provided when new, leaving a max of 8 possible replacement transponders that can be sychronised. Syncing of the transponder to the car can only be done by BMW with the diagnostic equipment.

If a mechanically-fitting key with a wrong transponder is inserted, the immboliser detects this, and does not enable the car. It stays immobilised.

So when you get a blank key, you must

a) cut it to fit your mechanical locks

B) sync it with the car to allow it to remote unlock

c) sync it with the immobiliser to allow it to enable the car for driving

Im just stuck on C.

And yes I know you can order them by chassis number, and I'm aware of the cost. Can anyone shed anymore light than what I've already been told? (Thats its not possible).

Cheers

I'm told my new scanner will do it, however I'm unsure about it. We get training on the new features either this saturday or next. Theres just so much more to learn with this. Other than that I don't know if anyone else can do it.

Our locksmith can cut them too

Edited by *Glenn*

That would srsly be so convenient Glenn, if your new scanner can do that. Let me know as soon as you know!

Thanks

That would srsly be so convenient Glenn, if your new scanner can do that. Let me know as soon as you know!

Thanks

When I know what day our training day is going to be, do you think you could bring your car and key over ??

When I know what day our training day is going to be, do you think you could bring your car and key over ??

Well I don't see why not. If it's a weekday I'll need to organize annual leave, or sick leave. But providing I have a couple weeks notice or at very worst, several days, I think I could swing it.

Ordering via chassis number will be for the key cutting and the such.

Bull sh*t they cant code it, they just dont want to as they didnt sell you the key

Im not sure if "carsoft 6.5" can do it or not

Bull sh*t they cant code it, they just dont want to as they didnt sell you the key

Ordering by chassis # the key comes coded and cut...just needs to be initialised thats all

Well I don't see why not. If it's a weekday I'll need to organize annual leave, or sick leave. But providing I have a couple weeks notice or at very worst, several days, I think I could swing it.

Probably be on a saturday morning

You try call em Hans. Or pop into a dealership. They're not budging for me

Ordering by chassis # the key comes coded and cut...just needs to be initialised thats all

"Coded" is the same as initialized AFAIK. Just adding the RFID chip details to the ecu

"Coded" is the same as initialized AFAIK. Just adding the RFID chip details to the ecu

Sorry..thats not right. Coded= Key with chip and cut to chassis number. Initialising is changing the rolling code to activate remote functions.

BMW's come plug and play apart from initialising the remote functions

VW Audi are different (I just noticed your profile info)

Edited by *Glenn*