Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

e34 headunit woes - no sound coming out

Hey guys,

I've wired my headunit up, it turns on etc, but no sound comes out.

I suspect the factory amp has something to do with this? I've read on the net if I bypass this completely, I will lose the use of the cross-over and only be able to support 4 speakers, instead of the 10 I currently have.

Please let me know your thoughts and some ways of getting around this.

Cheers,

Ian.

have you wired 12volt switched power to the white wire that turns the amp on??

bring it around can have a quick look and measure with a meter also have spare amps ,radio's etc to test .

cheers brent

021433600 around most times

Hey Brent, i've just had a look and no, there is nothing connected to the white wire. I don't think there ever was?

I will splice it into my switched power and give it a go, if still no luck ill give you a call, thanks.

Hey Brent, i've just had a look and no, there is nothing connected to the white wire. I don't think there ever was?

I will splice it into my switched power and give it a go, if still no luck ill give you a call, thanks.

should have power when the radio is switched on (not the ignition) , so normally wired to the switched output for the aerial power (blue wire from a aftermarket radio)

Brent - you are a f**kING LEGEND. I made the ignition problem, was about to come on here and say thanks and describe my new problem....BUT YOU'VE ALREADY SOLVED THAT PROBLEM TOO :)!!!

A big thanks Brent. Saved me heaps of money/time.

Ian, i had the same prob with mine when putting in the aftermearket stereo then realised it had the factory amp which i had to power up, the blue wire on the head unit is the remote amp turn on wire, just used that one.

sometimes the blue wire or the amp power craps out in the head unit. in which case just power the amp off a accessory wire. ie cig lighter.

yup been there too . fitted a aftermarket head unit that has a radio power ant output and also a amp power output . both blue , wondered why i had sound with the radio and no sound from the cd or usb harddrive etc .

sometimes the blue wire or the amp power craps out in the head unit. in which case just power the amp off a accessory wire. ie cig lighter.

Yes that's true, the amp wire in my old head unit f**ked out so i just spliced the 12V turn on wire instead.