Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Never say never !

Front lip arrived yesterday so it was painted and stuck on today :)

I love it, shame about the rust on the valance now. Can someone suggest some 'at home' solutions to getting it sorted out? Can I just grind it off, treat it and paint it? Otherwise I might need to get it done professionally, especially as my can of sterlingsilver has just run out :(

Ive done clear fronts and sides (and 15" weaves) since the last photos, so all I have left to do is sort out the rust, repaint the odd panel but first Ill drop it a little and get a euro plate.

Anyway photos....

post-116-1258157215.jpg

post-116-1258157236.jpg

post-116-1258157246.jpg

post-116-1258157255.jpg

Edited by Penry

Thats looks the business!

Sand it back and see how bad it is...

Could need some filler to flatten it out. As long as you sand back to bare metal, etch prime and then topcoat it should look fine, doesn't matter if the finish on the valance is slightly matte.

The lip and indicators work wonders, I love it. Valance cant be too hard to sort..

Ive done clear fronts and sides (and 15" weaves) since the last photos, so all I have left to do is sort out the rust, repaint the odd panel but first Ill drop it a little and get a euro plate.

Looking great, shame about the rust, i'm sure you'll get it sorted and looking great in no time. Sorry no useful advice here just praise.