Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Ferrari ???

Ferrari for an overall Marque. Porsche is still only a glorified Volkswagen.

However, in the recent past Porsche have started making some great cars. GT3 and Carrera are some of them. However, they and Ferrari are starting to sanitise their cars to make them nice to drive. Any idiot can get into one now and not smash it, due to all the Nanny features. That's not really a sports car.

The Pagani Roadster is my current favourite.

On the case of an NZ supercar, the McLaren is coming along nicely. Motor and gearbox are together, body is nearly finished. You'll be happy to know it is being powered by a BMW M5 (V8) that has been tweaked.

Keep an eye out for an Alfa Romeo 8C. I'm trying to get one in the country now.

Ferrari:

206SP (the car that beat the GT40 at Le Mans) The only prototype I'll list, otherwise I get a response on Porsches excellent race cars.

246 Dino

308GTB/GTS

355 F1

360 Spider

F40

550/575GT

Enzo

That beats a list of 911's, and the Carrera anyday. 944 is a great car too.

Ciao

post-18-1101849313.jpg

Edited by cainchapman

Guest Andrew

However, in the recent past Porsche have started making some great cars. GT3 and Carrera are some of them. However, they and Ferrari are starting to sanitise their cars to make them nice to drive. Any idiot can get into one now and not smash it, due to all the Nanny features. That's not really a sports car.

On the case of an NZ supercar, the McLaren is coming along nicely. Motor and gearbox are together, body is nearly finished. You'll be happy to know it is being powered by a BMW M5 (V8) that has been tweaked.

Ferrari:

206SP (the car that beat the GT40 at Le Mans) The only prototype I'll list, otherwise I get a response on Porsches excellent race cars.

246 Dino

308GTB/GTS

355 F1

360 Spider

F40

550/575GT

Enzo

Ciao

that alfa is a pretty rangi photochop hah

Ferrari:

246 Dino

308GTB/GTS

355 F1

360 Spider

F40

550/575GT

Enzo

Ciao

Isn't the NZ Supercar being named atter Dennis Hulme, and not Bruce McLaren?

I could be wrong though - but I'm sure there will be a copywrite issue with using the McLaren name for a supercar (apart from the actual McLaren firm).

Cheers

Yes, you are right Grant. I knew as I typed it that McLaren seemed wrong. I just couldn't remember the correct name.

If you come to the BBQ tonight. I have all the latest info on it.

Nice car.

Yes, you are right Grant. I knew as I typed it that McLaren seemed wrong. I just couldn't remember the correct name.

If you come to the BBQ tonight. I have all the latest info on it.

Nice car.

Cool, I would be interested in that.

Given the weather, and the fact that I am leaving to go to Wellington early tomorrow morning, I might give the BBQ a miss tonight (I am also picking some people up from the airport at 9.00pm tonight).

Do you have the info on the Humle car in soft copy? If so could you email it to me?

grant.shennen@infinity.co.nz

Cheers

Grant

http://www.xtramsn.com/motoring/0%2C%2C630...32606%2C00.html

an outdated article about it.

Tony Parker designed this car it's his dream come true ! A NZ designed and made supercar! production supercar! open wheeled road car!

people like recaro, siemens, bmw etc etc are involved so its a very big project on the go. i've been to see the first prototype in production. awesome absolutely awesome! the brakes from england are huge the latest recaros are sooo comfy and the tubular steel chassis with that m5 engine hotted up to 300 kW is fantastic!!

anyway i'm happy to answer any questions about it i've taken a bit of a following to it.

A standard M5 motor is 300kW. This one has a mild tweak to 337kW.

Grant. No, I don't have the info in softcopy. I gave it back to the guys on Friday.

It will be a brilliant car. Yes, we might buy one.

Here is another car the guys have built. www.962c.com

See, I do like Porsche.