Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Ferrari ???

Hi

Saw this at the Autosalon today.

It is a replica Ferrari 355, which started life as a Toyota MR2.

It was very well done.

Cheers

post-18-1101612244.jpg

nice...its in the performance car year book as well....2 L N/A! grant what was the autosalon like? didnt realise it was this weekend

nice...its in the performance car year book as well....2 L N/A! grant what was the autosalon like? didnt realise it was this weekend

Autosalon was ok. I guess there are only so many Evo's, GSR's, WRX's Honda's with fancy paint jobs, bling bling engine bays, and small TV's in the seats that you can look at before it becomes a bit repetitive.

Was good for a quick look though.

Cheers

thats very nice looking - i bet he got the idea for that off top gear.

I was planning on going to the drifting instead of auto salon this weekend - didnt do either - had a really expensive week - Ive got my BMW fixed and i bought a Hilux. (bit off topic I know, but I havnt gotten round to taking photos yet, so not worth starting a new thread... next weekend perhaps?)

You can buy a kit off the net from the US for them (I think it’s the US?).

Any way for some thing like $40K all up you get a nice car but it’s still a fake at the end of the day

any one got a link to the kits?

yea there are a few of those rep around now, was cool but really why not by the real thing?...

end of the day its still an MR2

why not by the real thing?...

because once your done with the exterior and the engine work to give your mr2 engine around 350hp, you still have 80 grand + to play with.

thats very nice looking - i bet he got the idea for that off top gear.

i bought a Hilux.

Lol - see you watched the hilux episode as well ?

you can buy kits from the guys company...the car is a promo car....its got a fugly plastic steering wheel though...its pretty funny

because once your done with the exterior and the engine work to give your mr2 engine around 350hp, you still have 80 grand + to play with.

Don't see a thing wrong with that ..

italian design is brilliant but it doesn't mean that ferraris are the shiz nizz. infact they are put together pretty average and the interior's are average. but they look cool and have f**ken expensive engines. Germans make things well and practical, but lack the italian flare. Toyota's are also well made, why not give it some italian style! it's just a car afterall.

So my favourite car is the Murchielago because audi made it but unlike the galado it still retains that italian styling.

Guest Andrew

italian design is brilliant but it doesn't mean that ferraris are the shiz nizz. infact they are put together pretty average and the interior's are average. but they look cool and have f**ken expensive engines. Germans make things well and practical, but lack the italian flare. Toyota's are also well made, why not give it some italian style! it's just a car afterall.

So my favourite car is the Murchielago because audi made it but unlike the galado it still retains that italian styling.

man ferrari build quality is amazing! - super stiff cars means no panel gaps etc. They do deserve most the hype they get.

OK Ollie, you are completely wrong.

If you get to Maranello, I'll get you into the factory. These cars are hand built to a far higher standard than the Lambo's have ever been. The new Lambos you refer to are brilliant build quality, as they are built to the German standards. You also might like to learn how Murcielago and Gallardo are spelt too, if it's that great. A Countach was not even the same length on the RHS of the car compared to the LHS. And they were all different.

The Murcielago, it is a massive tank, like the Testarossa and only nice if you drive it on autobahns and never have to try to back at all.

Have you checked the resale value of a Ferrari vs. a Lamborghini? They don't compare.

The Italians build and design cars with style, they are generally not good value for money if you look at them objectively. I don't get the absolute pleasure driving the 540, that you get from any of our Italian cars. Even though the BMW is far more competent, it doesn't get the pulse going like the others.

Ciao

Edited by cainchapman

I like the idea of everyone getting together to collectively build a super car as there is no one single car manufacturer that is the best at building cars.

In your opinions, however, who is the best sports car manufacturer? Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Jag, Aston Martin...etc etc???

Personally I think Porsche has to be at the top. They may have conservative styling but they have excellent build quality and bloody awesome engines plus the GT3 was bloody fast around the top gear track and didn't porsche win the top gear super car chalenge - taking into account the NOS equipped jag was cheating :lol:

Personally I think Porsche has to be at the top.

I 100% agree with you Carl.

Porsche in my opinion is number 1 too.

Cheers

Personally I think Porsche has to be at the top.

I 100% agree with you Carl.

Porsche in my opinion is number 1 too.

Cheers

nah not my flavour, but yea definatly up there, i mean i wouldnt kick a carrera gt out my garage!!

styling of ferrari is the win though personally

yes i may have been a bit careless with what i said and maybe i should have worded it a bit differently. I simply meant to say that i like the murch (who cares how i spell it) it is my favourite lambo because of the reasons i stated and because of the reasons cain stated - very true. and it's not a ferrari like everyone else has if that makes any sense. I know that ferraris are hand made to a high standard and the new ones are very well designed to every detail, i like them alot. like cain said i just think they are not the greatest value for money but each to their own. but imagine a new zealand made supercar? we could do way better. haha

i dislike the gallardo because it looks too much like an audi. (not much but a lil')

it's an amazing car tho.

i like the murch becasue unlike it's predecessors it's well engineered and well designed in almost every aspect.

i love ferraris but just think i'd want something a little bit different if i were to spend that much money on a car anyway. i'd buy a house first and a subaru as a car until i could afford a supercar and a paved driveway to drive it up.

anyway that ah toyata ferrari is what this was about aye? i have nothing against it

ps: read the latest nz autocar there is an article 911turbo vs a gallardo vs a ferrari

on a home built note...the joss super car made in aussie looks so badass...gone a clever way of reducing weight as much as possible too for speed instead of just engine size...go the pushrod v8!

Pushrod engines ain't that bad, dunno why they sometimes get a bad rep. Specific power output might not be up there with a DOHC but they normally smaller and lighter when compared with dohc engines of similar displacement. Also dohc engines carry their weight much higher than a pushrod engine.

As for the 355 replica, sure you can upgrade the engine and suspension but its still not the same. Your missing out on that awesome V8 noise and i'm sure the original's handling will still be far superior.

BTW

Ferrari is my favourite with porshe a close second. Although from what I've read the Carrera GT seems to be a better car than Enzo. Enzo still cooler though.