Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

cooling

thinking about ripping my air con out and wiring the air con fan up to the air con switch to act as an electric fan, either that or wire the air con fan up to a seperate switch so i can run both

or, rip all out and put an electric fan in

what do you guys think?

sparkle

Electric fans don't flow any where near as much as the engine fan, esp. not the air con. fan. Have it as an extra, sure, but not as the only fan.

If you want to remove the engine fan look for the fans off a AU falcon, they have a twin fan setup complete with shroud that mounts to the back for the radiator.

Why do you want to ditch the air con. any way??

oh i didnt mean as the only fan, just as an extra, air con is v heavy (not that its an issue with my car), it apparently sucks power too. also thought it might block quite a bit of the excess air that im going to create with an extra fan

Are you actually having overheating problems??? if you are it would suggest you have problems somewhere, it shouldn't overheat if the cooling system etc is working properly....

Plus aircon is so nice to have.

easy to fix the heater valve ,pull it apart and clean out or get a 2nd hand one ,i have some i think .