Sign in to follow this  
efortysix

WTB E39 Style 5 Wheels

Have been looking around for a while and haven't managed to find any. I believe these are standard on some e39 tourings. Pictures below if you are unsure. pm or reply to thread.

Edit: they are 17x8

Or any info on where I may find them would be great!

Cheers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by efortysix

Good luck in your search. They're very rare. You could try Ebay Germany or in the States.

BTW, they won't fit your E46 (easily) if that's what you want them for.

Hi yeah i thought that would be the case, they aren't cheap either aye. Yep aware of fitment issues and whats involved with spacers, tyres, guards etc. I think they are a pretty good look though and haven't seen any other e46s over here with them.

wouldnt this be the oppisite to e46 wheels tho? I needed 30mm spacers to fit e46 rims an e34 so im thinking you would need to machine off 30mm to make them fit? if backwards.

haha maybe ive just completely confused myself

Hi there,

I have never seen on them E46's before. I am sure it is something to do with the dimensions. They first appeared in the mid 90's and were common on E34 540is's, E31's and E39's (and madly sought after by E24 owners).

They maybe still available through BMW, but what I have heard is that they are no longer available in the deep-dish format - commonly seen on back wheels when the tyres are 255 or 265's.

I have a couple of friends who own E24 M6's in Australia who wanted these wheels in a staggered format who ended up tracking down these wheels from Europe. There is a German guy who calls himself Wokke on many forums who sells like new refurbished Style 5's. He does a great job- but it will cost you around $3.5k

You do see them pop up on trade-me, but very rarely.

Best of luck tracking them down - they are my favourite wheel.

These are very rare, my mates e34 540 had a set of them. The orignal purchasing documents stated that they were a 4G option when the orignal owner brought the car from BMW. I snapped up those as fast as i could, and have been on three of my BMW's so far.

The ones that i got were 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 with the 5th wheel being a 17x8.5 all are deep dish.

I have not seen any more around... Beyern do a similar wheel styles. So if you cant find any, they may be a alternative option.

Edited by Cress

Hi there,

I have never seen on them E46's before. I am sure it is something to do with the dimensions. They first appeared in the mid 90's and were common on E34 540is's, E31's and E39's (and madly sought after by E24 owners).

They maybe still available through BMW, but what I have heard is that they are no longer available in the deep-dish format - commonly seen on back wheels when the tyres are 255 or 265's.

I have a couple of friends who own E24 M6's in Australia who wanted these wheels in a staggered format who ended up tracking down these wheels from Europe. There is a German guy who calls himself Wokke on many forums who sells like new refurbished Style 5's. He does a great job- but it will cost you around $3.5k

You do see them pop up on trade-me, but very rarely.

Best of luck tracking them down - they are my favourite wheel.

Hi there, yep I know they aren't cheap :(. Was having a conversation with a mate last night who knows of a set that I am going to try and get my hands on. Thanks for the info as well, they are definitely my favourites too.

Here is a pic of an e46 with them.. B)

Posted Image]