Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

BMW S.X Concept by Bumbu seems like the perfect Audi R8 rival

Posted Image

We’ve been previously teased about BMW’s rival to an Audi R8 numerous times. In order from the oldest article to the latest - here are just a couple of reports we’ve heard about BMW planning a competitor to Audi’s supercar.

Report: BMW doesn’t care to compete with the Audi R8
BMW working on green supercar for 2012 based on M1 Hommage
Adrian van Hooydonk speaks about the BMW Z10 ED, the EfficientDynamics supercar
2009 BMW M Concept Design: What a BMW Audi R8 rival could look like

While the BMW CS Concept and the BMW M1 Hommage may seem like the perfect rival for the R8, freelance designers have come up with some outstanding concept designs. Adding another concept design to the list today is the BMW S.X concept by Iulian Bumbu, a graduate of the Transportation Design Course at the Scuola Politecnica di Design (SPD) in Milan.

A tip to BMW - hire this guy ASAP.

BMW S.X Concept:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

i kinda like it

i think modern sports cars are starting to look more and more alike with styling ques taken from others...

to me it looks like a mash of db9 and c6 vette...

i can just imagine now driving down to Queenstown just cruising at 100km then this thing goes flying past me at like 160 - 180km.. i love it!

Yes front end looks a bit R35 GTR with the 'upside down' kidney grills. It looks pissed off :angry: BMW needs its own R8!

Looks like nothing on earth.

Who said Bangle has left, that car is soo flamed out its not even funny. Its got the Aston's mega one77 backside, maser front with the kidneys upside down, but with the correct vertical fins at least with a corvette concept morphed into the entire platform and wallah, you get...whatever this thing is, which I do not know what that is, but it dont look like there is any homage to the M1 in my book.

The E36 m3's were begrudgingly compared to Porsche 911's. Then it became fairly normal, cause they really were that good and seemed to offer 'more' for 'less'. The performance was on par if not better in some respects and even though they were really in different classes due to configuration mostly and esp price, in many other ways the buyers for those cars did consider them worthy competitors.

The latest 911 is no different and has now really has a 'true' rival in its neighbour in the form of the Audi R8. However, the M3 is again in the picture not as a 'natural' rival but a rival neverthless. Not a perfect rival, but for Bimmer owners, surely we get a kick out of cars that compete above their station into other classes, and the M3 can also fight from performance sedan all the way into the 911/R8 class and if thats a stretch BMW still has the M6 to go.

Who cares what current cars its a mash up of. It looks damn good.

Its so clean and exciting. Contains lots of styling hues from past great BMW in there.

Sexy sharp bold lines, I'd say BMW needs a car like this, its fantastic.