Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Hooking up my new front splits

My mate wrote off his car, and gave me the fusion splits he had in the front as he is going to upgrade in his new car.

Now, I will eventually upgrade them myself for something with a bit more quality, but they will be good to replace the current factory paper cones I have now.

I am currently running two 6-in two-way JVC rears that I took out of my ute when I sold it, off a 4x40W JVC CD headunit.

I will buy an amp when I purchase a sub and new fronts next year, and just want to hook the new splits up for now. How do I slpit the sound signal? Do I need to purchase a x-over, or do I just hook both the woofer and tweeter up to the front outputs on my head unit?

Help please!

Also, anyone who knows where I can get the plastic fascia behind the front mirrors that allows a tweeter to be mounted as opposed to the plain ones I have, please let me know before I take to them with a holesaw.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

You'd need a crossover to split the signals from tweeters and woofers ...

Go to a wreckers, get some new mirror "triangles" and flush mount your tweets. You then have the originals to replace if necessary. No need to go all fancy - we ain't no Paris Hilton!

I got the fusion splits as well and they should come with cross overs. I just mounted them on top of the little black panel in the glove box and the other one under on top of the cover that sits under the steering column. Also, i got mine running off and amp and they go good enough for me.

Thanks for the replies - I didn't get the x-overs with the speakers, so I am going down the wreckers tonight to see if the car is still there so I can pinch them out of it. Will also see about some replacement fascia "triangles".